Chapter Twenty-eight

I awoke suddenly, anxiously searching the room for any trace of Jacob, as the night's events came rushing back.

I turned to my side, surprised to find Marcus fast asleep, arm swung over my waist.

I had no recollection after I was carried out of the venue. I was embarrassed, ashamed, that Marcus had once again picked me up.

I felt like a baby, why did I feel so safe in his arms. I had to stop pushing my problems onto him.

Why is he on my bed anyway?

"Ky"

I was too caught up in my thoughts, I hadn't relised Marcus had awoken.

"Marcus" I whispered back, suddenly feeling conscious of my morning state.

I looked down, surprised that I didn't have my ball gown on, though a fresh set of men's pajamas.

"Did you dress me?" I quickly questioned, horrified.

"Sorry I hope you don't mind, though I had my maid dress you?"

I breathed out a sigh of relief. I was thankful that Marcus hadn't seen my birthday suit.

"Thankyou Marcus, though why are you in my bed?"

"Y-yeah about t-that -- I couldn't leave you, I was worried" he stated nervously.

"I'm sorry I ruined your night" I looked away, guilt taking over.

"Ky, look at me. You didn't ruin my night, I was thankful we left.. What happened in the restroom? My mother come back to the table and said that you were talking with Claire. You didn't return for quite some time and next thing I know, you are on the floor, by yourself, looking as though someone had hurt you physically and emotionally"

I paused, trying to think of a way to break it to him.

"I was confronted by Claire and Jacob"

I looked up into his eyes awaiting his reaction. He was silent for quite some time before a look of digust filled his face.

"I will kill them -- what does Claire have to do with this?"

I explained Claires threats and their teaming up. I had no idea how Claire had uncovered my secret, no one knew apart from my best friend and Marcus.

"Claire has alot of connections, it doesn't surprise me she dug deep and played dirty" Marcus fumed. "I promise you Ky, I will not let either one near you. I will figure this all out".

"He promised he would be back for me -- Jacob's threats don't go astray".

"Neither do mine Ky".

I hopped up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom. This wasn't his battle, I can't involve him anymore.

I will stick it out today and see what I come up with. I can't put my family or Marcus in danger anymore.

I cleaned up and made my way to the kitchen. I was surprised to find Marcus had cooked a hot breakfast. My stomach was rumbling, I hadn't managed to eat before the confrontation last night.

"Smells delicious Marcus!"

"Me or the food?" He smirked.

Cocky Marcus was back.

I giggled in response. He always knew when and how to lift the mood.

"In all seriousness, thankyou for last night and the many times before that. I owe you big time".

He just nodded in return.

I couldn't understand why he had the need to help me. I was just his employee, i wasn't even sure if he thought of us as friends.

"Do you want to hang out today, forget the bullsh*t?"

Today was the weekend which meant a day off work and Marcus had asked me to 'hang'?

"Yeah -- sure" I was surprised by my answer.

We finished our breakfast and made our way out the door. Aparently he had a surprise in mind and wasn't budging on details.

So here we are making our way out of town in yet another one of his luxury cars, trees passing by in a blur. I had no idea where we were heading, I didn't even know where we were.

We came to halt infront of a large forestry, no houses or cars in sight.

Oh no.. he's going to kill me. I thought.

"Come on Ky, follow me" he said whilst stepping out of the car.

I got out the car dreading what was to come. Surely he wouldn't leave me in the forest?

I followed close by, memorizing my steps, as we made our way deeper and deeper into the forest.

"We're close by now. I would always come here when things got too hectic in the city" he paused. "You are actually the first person I've brought here. This can be your escape too".

My heart started to pound, how could I doubt his intentions? I may actually be classed as a friend to Marcus.

"Thankyou Marcus. You didn't have to"

"I couldn't think of a better person to share this place with" he smiled.

My steps came to a halt. Infront of me, large ancient trees surrounded a massive, clear lake. The sun shone down on the water, giving it a sparkle. You couldn't hear the noisy city, only the sounds of nature. It was beautiful.. peaceful even.

I could see why this was his escape. I could get lost in the beauty.

I looked to my side and under the gaze of Marcus.

"I-it's beautiful Marcus, I'm speechless"

"She sure is" He replied, focusing his attention on me.

We looked into each other's eye, for what felt like an eternity. Shivers wracked my spine, as neither one of us broke eye contact.

Marcus closed the gap between us, as his soft lips connected with mine. Sparks ignited between us, lips moulding together perfectly. He began tracing his tongue along my lower lip, requesting entrance, I parted my lips as our tongues collided. I was lost in the kiss, entranced by the taste of him. Marcus started to place small kisses along my neck, nibbling and sucking in spots I didnt know existed. I let out a soft moan as my legs turned to jello, a familiar twitch igniting between my legs. I grabbed a fist full of his hair and melted in his arms. "You are soo goddamn sexy" he groaned between kisses.

He continued placing small kisses up and down my neck, his hands wrapping around my legs and hoisting me higher.

Breaking the kiss, he began to tug on my dress, eager to explore.

This is what I want. This is what I want. I repeated.

As much as I wanted this, I couldnt help but grow still, nervous. Marcus had sensed my sudden reaction, placing me down and looking into my eyes questionly.

"I'm sorry Marcus -- I-im still a v-virgin" I nervously spoke.

A look of shock crossed his face before quickly recovering. "No, don't be sorry Ky -- I wasn't aware.. I just umm -- assumed. Im so sorry. Let's get you back home".

We made our way back to the car, not a word inbetween us, as an awkward silence enveloped us.

He looked dissappointed. I wasn't sure if it was because my rejection or his guilt.

No it would definitely be my rejection. I'm sure he has women throwing themselves at him on the daily and here I am, an inexperienced virgin, who he thought could have his way with.

I slumped my shoulders in defeat as we made our way back to the suite.