Chapter 30.5

I had a good sleep last night, happy that a weight had lifted off my shoulders.

Though I was still moping around, dissapointed that I still hadn't heard from Marcus.

I sat at the breakfast table with my parents as they forced me to eat. "You've lost a little weight Ky. You need your strength". They scolded as though I was a ten year old again.

I managed to scoff a couple of bits of toast before I felt extremely full.

"I spoke to your aunt. She is actually on holidays in New Zealand -- though dont worry Ky, we will figure something out as soon as we can". Mum spoke nervously.

I felt dissapointed. This was our ticket out of here and now we were back at square one.

"It's okay mum. It was a great plan. We will figure something else out". I smiled to mask the dissapointment.

I walked back to my room to think. I sagged into my bed before a soft knock was placed on my door.

"Sorry darling, you have a visitor"

"Don't hurt her" I could have sworn she whispered when she walked away from the door.

Who could it be?

My curiosity was answered when the person walked through my bedroom door.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered, taking large strides back to my bed.

"Ky, let me explain" Marcus whispered back, closing the door and distance.

"What could you possibly explain? You made things quite clear back at the office".

"Ky, please -- I freaked out. I haven't had a serious relationship before and I haven't ever been with someone as innocent as you" he paused. "I don't want to hurt you Ky, I'm known to hurt women".

"All those hurtful words all because -- you didn't want to hurt me. Yet you did just that in the end?"

"I know, I truly am sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. As soon as you left, I felt terrible. I messed up Ky -- our moment was special, it was far from a mistake".

"Please Marcus, just leave". I whispered, afraid that he would actually do as I say and walk away from us.

"I can't Ky -- and I won't".

He closed the gap and wrapped his arms around my waist, bringing me in close.

I melted into his embrace, disappointed that my body had given in so easily.

"I'm so sorry Ky" he cooed, placing small kisses over my head. "I keep messing up".

I relished in the silence, afraid that my voice would crack if I spoke.

"I like you alot Ky, I will do anything for forgiveness".

My heart stopped. Did he really just confess his feelings towards me?

No, I must be hearing things.

As if sensing my confusion, he added "I fell for you the moment you told me off at the club and I have fallen for you everyday since".

My heart jumped with joy.

"I like you too" I surprised myself when words slipped out.

"I want you to come back. I can't stand not seeing you everyday".

I huffed out, "I'm sorry I haven't been in the office these past few days. I wasn't sure I could handle seeing you".

"I can understand that" he spoke, looking down. "I've been lonely without you. I wanted to come here and apologise sooner but the guilt got to me. I was a fool and didn't know how to fix things".

"Things will be fine Marcus" I whispered, placing a small kiss onto his lips.

"You're something else Ky" he spoke before reconnecting our lips.

"I have to leave you for now and get back to business though I'll call you tomorrow morning Ky?"

"Yes, I'd like that".