Chapter Nine*

Marcus McNelly's POV

Here we go again, another bimbo applying for the personal assistant position. This will be my twenty-second employee since father suggested I needed help with the workload.

I wish he would get it through his thick head, I don't need help and I definitely don't need one that thinks I am more appealing than the actual business itself.

Every single assistant has thrown flirtatious looks or comments my way. It hasn't been all that bad, I suppose, they easily accept my offer to wine and bed after hours. I relieve some stress then ignore their presence at work. They normally don't last longer than a few days.

Time for interview twenty-three, I wonder if this one will make it through the interview without tears.

2pm sharp, she better be here. I called my long-time trusted employee, Marie, and asked for her to send Miss Montgomery through.

It was only a couple doors down, what could be taking her soo long?

I yelled out from my desk, "Come in, I don't have all day!"

Ofcourse she was waiting by the door. I huffed. This was going to be easy, lets see how long she lasts.

Without facing my interviewee, I called out fustrated, "Name?".

Doesn't this girl know how to introduce herself? It would be impossible to be awestruck with the back of my head. Surely not. These women don't fail to surprise me.

A small voice replied, "My, m-y.. name i-s Kylie.. Kylie Montgomery".

2 to me, 0 Montgomery. I'll have her in tears and storming out before she even gets the chance to work under me.

With a snarl, I replied, "Great, you managed to give me an audible answer, now if you are planning on staying for this interview, I suggest you take a seat or stay on your feet and walk straight out of this office".

Okay, she's obedient. 3 me - 1 Montgomery, I scored as I heard the squeak of my office chair.

I'm not sure why this girl was referred from one of my best employees, she doesn't have the experience or qualifications.

Curiosity got the best of me when I shot her my first question, "Good, now will you tell me why I should hire you? Your resume shows me no qualifications nor experience in this line of work. Heck you haven't even studied since secondary school".

She was quick on the mark answering my question with confidence. Maybe this is why she was referred. I would normally receive any answer along the lines of "I will do anything, anything you need me to do and extra" followed by a wink or change in posture.

I was surprised her answer wasn't dumb nor flirtatious. I swung my chair around to put a face to the confidence and had to steady myself on the office chair. Infront of me was the woman I had the joy of meeting on the weekend. Dark hair, tanned skin, big brown mischievous eyes staring back at me.

How could a man forget such a beautiful woman with such attitude. The first woman who had offended me, bruised my ego. Most would be buckling at the knees, begging for something as little as a conversation, instead she had flipped me off and walked away from me twice.

I regained my posture and with a smirk I spoke again, "Well, well, Miss Montgomery, we already exchanged pleasantries during our encounter on Friday night".

This will be fun.

I looked down at her timid face, growing redder by the second. By the look of her stunned face, I'm sure she wasn't aware who she had applied for.

Her lips parted and closed before speaking, "sorry about that", she paused as if unhappy with her reply before adding "All due respect though, I'm sure I deserve an apology in regards to your rudeness Friday night and the present".

And there she goes again, offending the richest man in the city for the third time. I like this girl, I'm sure I will have her bowing down to me in no time. I'm always up for a good challenge. I thought as a smile crept onto my cheeks.

I quickly called Marie and asked her to show Miss Montgomery out. The fun can wait until tomorrow. I quickly dismissed Kylie and told her to arrive here by 8 in the morning.

I was caught off guard when she approached and gave me a hug. I hadn't felt a genuine hug in a very long time. The warmth was radiating off her, I couldn't return the gesture though very much melted into her embrace.

She pulled away before thanking me. I was still lost for words as she took long, bouncy strides towards and away from the door.

This girl is something else.