Chapter Twenty-one

Wholey mother of god. What is my father doing?

We both stepped out of the car and approached my father, who was grinning like a cheshire cat.

"I just had to meet the man who stole my daughter's heart" he giggled. "Melody is yabbering on like a crazy school girl up there".

"Hello Mr Montgomery, nice to meet you. I am Marcus -- your daughter's boss" he introduced himself.

"Nevermind the formalities son, call me John".

They shook hands while I tried to recover from moments ago.

"I see you have the 2015 Jaguar Phantom, very exquisite piece. Must have cost you a fortune! A middle class man, like myself, could only imagine" my father stated, gliding his hand over the shiny exterior.

"I see you are a car's man, John. I have a garage full of modern and collector cars. You are more than welcome to take a look some time".

The boys got lost in car talk. They actually have quite similar taste. It was good seeing my father in his element. There's only soo much 'car talk' our family can put up with, whereas Marcus seems to share the same passion.

"Anyways dad, I'm sure our guest has places to be and people to see" I interrupted.

"Yes you are right Kylie. Sorry Mr Montgom-- John, it was a pleasure meeting you. I actually have alot of work to catch up on since spending time with your lovely daughters" he spoke sincerely.

"No the pleasure was all mine son. We will finish this conversation over a couple of stubbies. I'll leave you two alone and I'll see you next time Marcus".

"Sounds good. I'll hold you to that" he replied.

My father had made his way into the house and left us as promised.

"So I guess its goodbye for now" I spoke awkwardly.

Without saying a word, Marcus placed a small kiss on my cheek before stepping into his car. I was stunned. The feel of his lips on my bare skin, brought tingles up my spine. What I would do to have those lips tracing every curve of my body.

Before he had left the driveway, I could see the curve of his lips turn into one of his cocky grins.

Cocky b*stard!

And with a toot of his horn and a wave, he was on his way.

See you Monday handsome.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I stepped into the house.

I was brought out of a daze when mum spoke "it seems as though this man has made a great impression on your father and sister, I'm afraid he will be the talk of the house for a while" she shrugged. "I'm sorry I wasn't out there making introductions".

"Mum, he is my boss. It's no big deal" I defended.

"Ky, this is your mother you are talking to. You may not have been around for the past 2 years though I'm sure I know when my daughter is in love".

With a pat on my back, she left me with my thoughts. Their's no point arguing, she has a very valid point. I'm falling for my boss.

Just this morning, I was indenial. There's no denying my attraction for him now.