Chapter Thirty-six

I awoke to the sound of beeping, four white walls surrounding my bed. I looked down at my arms to find multiple cords connected.

Im in hospital.

Everything come crashing back in waves. I had almost been raped by my psychotic ex. Marcus had shot and injured Jacob, we had almost left the room before Claire waltzed in and shot him dead. Marcus had intercepted a bullet from Claire and dropped to the floor -- dead.

Marcus is dead.

The tears began to rush out of my eyes, soaking the white pillows beneathe me.

"Miss Montgomery"

I looked up to find a nurse, staring down at me with sorrow eyes.

"We would like to run a few tests before we can let you go -- you have quite a few visitors waiting outside for you"

I nodded my head in approval before another nurse entered the room and started to pick and prod my body.

"Thankfully you only blacked out, you seem to be doing quite well Kylie -- you are free to see your family now. Just remember to get some rest".

I pulled myself into seating position and swung my legs off the bed. The nurses helped me off the bed and onto my feet.

We made our way through the door as I was greeted by my parents, siblings and my best friend Sarah.

Mother was first to speak, "How are you darling?"

Her simple question was enough to make my world crumble. I threw myself into her arms as tears began fall.

"It's okay sweetheart -- it's all over now" she cooed, patting my back.

I couldn't find the words to reply. My whole world had been turned over.

Marcus. His name run circles through my mind.

My heart was broken. My savior had taken his life protecting me.

I stayed in this position for what felt like hours, not able to look into the others worrying expressions.

A throat cleared and brought me out of my trance.

"Ky?" A familiar voice questioned.

I turned around suddenly, eager to put a face to the voice.

"Marcus?"

A couple of steps away, stood the man on my thoughts. I broke out of my mothers hold and engulfed him into a hug, sobs turning into happy tears.

"You're really here Marcus?"

I couldn't believe my eyes. I didn't know if they were playing tricks on me. Marcus was dead.

"Yes -- I'm here Ky, though you are squishing the hell out of my wound" he giggled.

"But how? -- you were shot -- you weren't breathing?" I asked confused.

"I blacked out Ky, the bullet only grazed my arm". He said gesturing to his bandage.

Relief had dawn on me. "Thankgod! I thought I lost you" I sobbed into his chest.

"Never" he promised, lifting my chin and connecting our lips into a crushing kiss.

Our lips moved in sync, every bit of emotion put into it. Sparks wrack my spine as I lost myself in the moment.

I could never get enough of this man.

"I love you" I whispered once we parted.

"I love you too Ky".

Once again, a throat was cleared breaking our trance. This time we turned to find my father with a uneasy look plastered on his face.

"I can't say I enjoy watching my daughter eat a fellas face off"

My ears burnt a deep shade of red. I was too lost in Marcus, that I had forgotten about our audience.

"Mr Montgomery" Marcus greeted with a shake and pat on the back. "It's good to see you again"

"Likewise son, I won't remind you again to call me John. I owe you my life Marcus, I hear you took great care of my girls".

"Your life won't be necessary -- John. Though your daughter's heart would do me fine" he smirked cockily.

Their conversation drowned out when I approached my best friend.

"Don't you dare scare me like that again Ky!" She warned.

"D-did Jacob make it?" I questioned, afraid of the answer.

"We were informed earlier that Claire and Jacob had died on the scene -- it's over now Ky". She said pulling me into a big hug.

I was glad they were out of my life. I would have to ask Marcus if he has any other women that may have a vendetta against me.

I looked around the room in awe. I had a great family, bestfriend and an amazing partner whom everyone adores. This was all I need, love and support from everyone that mean most.