Chapter Six

We had made it back from the club, I laid down on the bed as my mind was swamped by a certain guy in particular, 'the green eyed, muscly monster' who I had the joy of running into.

My eyes began to weaken before a knock echoed throughout the room. "Come in," I beckoned, curious as to why Sarah was still awake.

My heart stopped when the man I was reminiscing of, waltzed into the room.

What is he doing here?

Before I could say a word, he crashed his lips onto mine, sending tingles down my spine. I wrapped my legs around his waist and kissed him back passionately.

I let out a soft moan when he broke the kiss and began to place small kisses down my neck.

"Soo sexy," he whispered into my ear as his hand began to travel below my stomach.

I opened my eyes with a moan and looked around the room to find it empty. A blush crept onto my cheeks at my dirty imagination. It was just a dream Ky, just a dream.

Why was I even thinking of him? He was rude, definitely sexy, but mostly rude.

I dont even know the man from a bar of soap, barely even exchanged words last night.

I shook my head and erased my thoughts as I forced myself onto two feet.

Sweat glistened off my body, my head was pounding, my mouth was as dry as the Sahara and my throat burnt for some water.

I made my way to the toilet, hearing the clanging of pans in the kitchen. I'll be sure to check it out after I'm finished.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror, my eyes were puffy, my face was drawn from all colour, I looked like a complete mess.

I washed my face and made my way to the kitchen where I found Sar cooking greasy bacon and eggs.

My stomach churned at the thought of eating. Arr why did I drink so much?

"I see you still haven't dropped the habit of speaking your thoughts aloud". She giggled teasingly.

I had this annoying habit of talking to myself. People often thought I was crazy, though Sarah liked to think it was hilarious.

I pouted my lips and turned towards the fridge, eager to wet my mouth.

"I will not be sending you home looking like that, you will eat breakfast, get those hydration levels up while we kick back and watch a few movies." she spoke sternly.

I nodded in agreement. My parents were already disappointed as it was. They had already assumed I was a drug addict and turning up looking like this would only settle their suspicions.

Whilst eating our breakfast, Sar looked up from her plate with sincerity in her eyes. "I don't want to pry, but I hope you can open up to me one day soon -- I sense something was bothering you last night".

I placed my knife and fork down. "I'm ok Sar, it was a rough couple of years but I'm here and their's nothing to worry about now".

"Just know I'm here if you need me". She smiled genuinely.

"And that's why you are my best friend.  Thankyou Sar and thankyou for last night -- I definitely needed it".

We polished off our breakfast and busied ourselves on the couch watching movies.

I looked over at my best friend, a lone tear making its appearance.

Life is simple, I wish it could stay like this.

For now, I will cherish my freedom and enjoy life and company before he comes to collect.