chapter 3.

Hatina

Today, umma said the family of my soon to be husband would be arriving.

I can't even believe I'm saying this, as a matter of fact I don't even know his name, I don't even know how he looks or what he's like. I just told my best friend heleema to come over after which I told her every thing over the phone and was really surprised, so she decided to pick me up to go out for shopping.

I stayed at the entrance of my house waiting for haleema to come. She's always late even at a dying hour.

"As salamualikum" I say while stepping into the car as she arrives.

"Wa aliakumsalm hatina, I'm sorry I'm late. I had a meeting at the office."

Haleema works at Hadna enterprise, which belonged to her mother before she died and she took over since her dad is not interested in managing a company.

"Its okay". I say back. " I'm actually used to it" I say as we both laugh. We arrive at the shopping complex, as we came to pick some abaya, hijabs and other stuffs.

"I can't believe my parents, I don't know what's so special about this marriage. The worse thing is that I don't even know him, I don't even know if I'll like him, maybe he looks like a chicken who knows. Astagafirlah, but it getting me worried,"

"Hatina calm down you need to stop, yes although you don't know him but how sure you won't like him, that's what's marriage is about to experience from both side of each other and InshaAllah you will like him". Haleema said consoling me.

"So when are they coming?" haleema asks.

"Mom said this evening, please stay till that time," I plead with her while picking out a brown scarf.

"Um... I'm not sure but I'll see what I can do."

"Okay." I say lowly.

"By the way how's work" haleema asks checking out a nude high heel. I'm working as my dad's deputy director in his company so when he retires I'll take over.

"Its fine. Alhamdulilah."

*********

The kitchen is filled with aroma, as I came downstairs after dressing. I wear a blackish blue long sleeve gown reaching my feet with stony design by the collar side, and pattens at each corner, with an ash hijab to compliment it.

I make my way to the kitchen with my eyes catching series of dishes by the counter and some still cooking.

So because of my stupid marriage they are working this hard?.... Ya Allah forgive me for calling it stupid.

"Oh dear you look beautiful." Abba says coming in.

"Thank you Abba," I reply.

"Come and sit they will be here any moment from now." Dad says gesturing me to follow him.My heart beats faster when I heard what Abba just said.

After some minutes the food is all ready and mom is coming to sit. "Hatina please go get me my phone in the room." umma says to me.

"Okay ma," I reply. I walk upstairs to take umma's phone but by coming back I hear noises downstairs.

Ya Allah they're here. I quickly adjust my dress and move forward.

"Salam Mr abubakar, welcome have your sit," Abba say to the elderly man there.

"Salaam to you too, my friend". The man who's name is Mr abubakar replies. My friend? so dad knows them, that's why he is so adamant on me marrying their son.

While others were busy greeting each other I look around to search for the boy I'm going to marry. Yes I said boy, so what?  But as I look, I can't find him, I'm only seeing someone with brownish black hair facing his back towards me on a chair. I want to go and see who it was but before I can, I hear myself being asked for by dad calling me.

"Hatina come here," Abba calls me while turning to the stairs.

"Yes Abba." I walk gently to him, remembering to keep my gaze far away from anyone's contact, until I'm sitting at the edge of the chair where abba is sitting. I still don't raise my head up as I didn't want to see anyone before they saw my expression that I don't want this marriage, because my face is really good at displaying bad expressions.

"My child can you raise your head please. she seems shy." I hear a woman's voice, guessing it to be his mother.

Ya Allah what will I do now?

Correction I'm not shy, I'm pissed. I rise my head up to look at everyone there and I hear them gasp.

"Ahmed, she really is beautiful Masha Allah" Mr abubakar says.

"Alhamdulillah, you like her." dad replies happily.

"This is my son annur. Annur this is your wife to be inshaAllah, Hatina. " Mr abubakar speaks as he gestures towards the boy sitting. He turns to look up and I'm left gasping with who I'm seeing in front of me.

"Ya Allah".

AsSalam readers what do you think hatina saw when annur turned. Read next chapter to find out. I hope it not too short.