chapter 5.

Salam readers this is another chapter of being His halal, hope you guys get to read it and like it insha Allah.

Hatina's POV

Its been a week now since my engagement, so that means I only have a week to my wedding. Agh, it sounds so weird. How can I get married now? So soon?

It is so unexpected even to myself.

It is a Monday and also a work day so I have to go to the office early because abba said he isn't feeling too well to come.

I walk downstairs to pick my car keys when then Khalid comes running to me.

"Masha Allah sister you look beautiful."

"Really? Thank you so much, masha Allah."

I'm wearing a peach skirt connected to a belt with a white long sleeved top tuk inside the skirt  and a sky blue bag with a multi- colored hijab.

I say my goodbyes to everyone as I leave the house, praying for Allah's protection.

*********

I arrive at the office just in time and adhere to my duties that I should have done, but not able to because of 'MY MARRIAGE' preparations. Umma even said I should quit work for now till I get married but I disagreed. I won't let this marriage take all of my life when its something I'm not even happy about.

I sit in my 3 wheeled chair and start working when my secretary comes in.

"Hatina, someone is waiting outside and said he wants to see you." Salma my secretary speaks to me.

I told my staffs to call me hatina because I don't really like that high regard they give me, when I'm nothing but a human being like them. As Abbas would say, it is better to be loved than respected, because when there is love there is respect but when there is respect there isn't always love.

"Salma could you tell her that I'm busy please, and she should come back later." I tell her truthfully while clicking the keyboard. I really don't have the time to attend to anyone right now, I have stacks of files on my desk waiting to be reviewed all because of my absence for some days.

"Its a him ma." She says unclear and I raise my head up.

"A him? Whatever, just tell him I'm busy and should come back later."  I'm not expecting anyone anytime soon, the only person I am actually expecting to see is some one from  Europe coming to see me on an official business but that is supposed to be later in the evening and its a woman, not a man. So who could it be? Anyways the person will have to wait.

I continue my work as soon as salma leaves but then she arrives again.

"Um... hatina, he said he isn't going anywhere until you see him and he also said I should deliver the message clearly this way to you. He said 'wouldn't you like to spend time with your....your... fiancé". She speaks emphasizing on the last word.

"My what? What is this now?Who is it? Ya Allah people can be so funny a times. My fiancé huh?" I laugh hysterically. "Salma, for the last time okay? tell him to come back later and I won't listen to you if you come back." I tell her for the last time.

"Okay ma'am". She does as she's told. I sigh relived that I have gotten rid of the person looking so desperately to see me. He would have to come back another time.