chapter 6.

I was going to cry.

I didn't know what to do. At first I wanted to burst out in tears but remembered I'm not home to start secretly crying. I hold the chair next to me because if I didn't, I know I am going to fall and it won't be funny.

None of this is.

My head is in a gazillion thoughts right now. One, I don't know what to do. Secondly I am stranded with no car or anything. I know you must be thinking, why I would come out without holding any money? Well because I hadn't withdrawn any money lately, which I could have sent Salma but with the work I was doing in the morning got me busy, not to talk of how late I was at the same time.

And thinking why can't I just use my card, well I left both it and my bag at the office. Also, I thought annur my so called fiancee is going to bring me back, I didn't expect this act from him, but well I shouldn't be surprised I don't know him and I'm planning on getting married to such a monster.

I don't know or care if they forced him to take me out or whatever it was he did this for, but it isn't fair. Is it my fault that they want me to marry him?  If he doesn't want to marry me, does he have to put me through this humiliation?

Just what did I do to deserve this? All I have ever done since our first meeting, have been to be nice to him and respect him, I had never even spoken any disrespectful words to him and here he is doing the unthinkable.

Well it's not more unthinkable, since he has done it.

Ya Allah, I didn't plan my morning this way. Ya Allah save me from evil eye. I need to find my way out, real fast.

"Ma'am here is the bill." The waiter comes dropping the bill next to the table.

"Oh the bill..." I couldn't utter a word, because of how stunned I am. There laythe bill in my hand holding so much amount on it that if I decided to even wash the dishes I wouldn't be done in a year. Ya Allah what will I do?  Ya Allah enlighten me.

The waiter walks away from me, after thanking him with a false smile on my face.

I take my phone scrolling down to who I can call to pick me up and... Pay the bill also. I see dad's number but then I remember he is sick and even if he weren't, I wouldn't call him. And there was salma too,  but I didn't want to bring my personal life to her,  though I could lie to her but why?  When I could just avoid it. And then I immediately recall haleema's number, she is the best person to call.

"Salam haleema, where are you?" I ask in a rush.

"Salam to you too. I'm at a coffee shop." Haleema replies.  "what's up?" She asks

"can you pick me up please?" I say with my voice shaken.

"What's wrong? Where are you?" She asks instantly.

"In a place called spontaneous, I don't really know the direction but I think its aroun....".

"Don't bother I know the place, I'll be there in 10mins". Haleema speaks, before we ended the call. This girl is my life saver, what would I have done without her?

How can annur do this? Why is he like this? What did I do to deserve this act. I keep on asking myself, if he knew he didn't want to marry me then why did he agree to it? Why does he feel the need to embarrass me. Inalillahi I'm so fed up, I don't know what to do.

I'm going to tell Abba to cancel my marriage, I won't get married to that heartless beast (Ya Allah forgive me for calling him names for it is not accepted).

I wipe the little tear that manages to escape from my eye, as I compose myself.

Some minutes later, I look around and glance at haleema approaching me.