X

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Does my belly look bigger?" Stiles asked her dad as he walked in her room early Monday morning. "I look bigger. Have I gotten fatter?"

"Um uh," The sheriff stammered eyes widening. "Well, uh, Stiles. Klaus?!"

"What?" The hybrid asked walking in the room looking panicked. "Is Stiles okay?"

"Why don't you ask Klaus?" Her dad questioned grabbing the slip of paper off of the table and exiting the room.

"Stiles?" Klaus inquired looking over her carefully. "Are you okay? Is the baby alright?"

"She's fine," Stiles told him patting her stomach.

It was weird for him to call her Stiles but over the last couple of days they had made a truce. They were now allies. Marcel was watching over Davina while she attended school and Josh was busy following Jennifer around while avoiding Klaus. Rebekah was wondering around town looking for something to keep her occupied for the day.

Stiles laughed. "She's kicking up a storm right now. I actually asked my dad if my belly looked bigger. Does it? Look bigger? I feel bigger. Am I?"

Klaus narrowed his eyes at her staring at her rounder stomach. She waited quietly wondering what he was going to say to her. She wanted to hear his response. "Your stomach is indeed bigger but you're growing our child. Our child is growing more and more everyday inside you. It's amazing. You look absolutely beautiful."

"Thank you," Stiles beamed turning away from the mirror and to her computer. "Have you decided on joining for tomorrow night's memorial?"

"I am," Klaus remarked sitting down on her bed and grabbing her Econ binder. He flipped through it with a scowl on his face. "I can't believe that you're going back to school. You know a high school is not that important in our world."

"It might not be important to you but is important to my dad," Stiles told him moving away from her computer. "I'm his only kid. He wants to see me graduate."

"I see," Klaus nodded tossing the binder notebook on the bed. "How are you feeling since your friends have all but called you a liar?"

"Not good," Stiles admitted truthfully plopping down on the bed next to him. "Do you think Erica hates me? No one else has acted like that. Derek acts like he hates me one moment then he acts like he likes me. I am so confused."

"You really do care for Hale?" Klaus asked wrinkling his nose. "I can't say for sure but it does sound to me like he and Erica are being bewitched."

"They're being controlled by magic?" Stiles questioned furrowing her brows. "Is that why they are acting like that?"

"Yes, Sweetheart" Klaus responded. "It's probably this Jennifer you are accusing of being the Darach. Turn the pack against you and no one will believe anything that you say."

"But why Derek and Erica?" Stiles muttered staring at him. "I was more close to Scott and in love with Lydia. Why not start with them? Or even Jackson. He already hated me to begin with. That would seem simpler."

"Maybe, the Darach is not powerful enough" Klaus suggested. "Also, Erica and Derek maybe the only two who geniuely like her. Magic responds better when the person is more compliant."