"Breathe and do not freak out, but he just walked in the door"

When we arrive we check into our hotel, we have rented a hotel apartment,  one with two bedrooms and a small kitchen, so we have a little privacy now we have to be here for so long and we can save a little money by cooking at the hotel some days.
Afterwards we go for a walk in the area and I happen to spot a dress in a window, it's just my dress without a doubt, I hasten in with Mary on my heels and ask to try it on.
"What do you think Mary?" I just came out from the dressing room in the dress and turn around in front of her.
She is smiling and clapping her hands. "You look gorgeous Sophia, you'll look like a movie star when we have sorted your hair and make-up, buy it sweetie".
  "I better do that even though it is a little pricey, but at least I can reuse it at least once at home in Denmark." I say grinning.
The dress is a delicate powder pink color, the top is tight, and studded with silver embroidery and in the back the shoulders are bare, from the waist down it waves out in soft layers of chiffon.
We go back to the hotel with the dress, then we look around some more in the area, everything feels exciting, new and different, eventually, we eat a slightly early dinner at a nice Italian restaurent nearby and goes to bed early, hoping to be ekstra rested for the big day.
As I lie in my bed it comes into my mind that it is actually Tom's birthday today, so I take my ipad and write a birthday greeting on twitter.
The next morning we go out and eat breakfast and then we find a small nail bar and get your nails on both hands and feet done, we might as well be as perfect as possible, we agree.
We go back to the hotel and take a shower, we help each other with hair and make-up, my stomach is getting a hard knot of nerves.
When I look in the mirror, I can hardly recognize myself, it's a beautiful woman who looks back at me. "Wow Mary you are a miracle worker."
"Nonsense you are beautiful, I have just highlighted what you already have to offer, you look amazing." She says with a smile only your best friend can provide.
My long dark straight hair is twisted up in a low knot with a few wisps to frame my face and the make-up makes my eyes look big, it also highlights my lips.
"You are too beautiful Mary, the dress is perfect for you." I say smiling, the blue silk dress highlights her blonde hair and blue eyes.
We take a taxi to the hotel were the event is held, we don't want to spend money on a limosine and we preferred to avoid people staring too much and wonder who we are.
For the same reason we arrive early and we can go fairly unnoticed inside the ballroom, we walk around between the round tables and look at where we are going to be seated.
"Look Sophia". Mary beckons me over to one of the front tables, and yes of course it's Tom place she wants to show me.
I let a hand run absentmindedly over the backrest, think that he will soon have to sit right there, my stomach makes somersaults, it is simply not easy to understand.
I laugh a little to myself. "Had this been a fan fiction, I would get to sit at his table, probably beside him and then he would fall for me at first sight."
"Yes sometimes I wish that reality was a love story or a romantic movie." Mary says with a dreamy smile.
And I can't help it. "Yes or just a porno film, well that ought to make you realize how long ago it is I've gotten anything ?"
"Surely longer than me, but you are of course more picky, maybe we can find ourself some nice British boys." She replies, grinning and winking at me.
I shake my head, I don't want to, it's not that I don't feel like having sex sometimes, but the idea of ​​having sex with some other guy don't appeals to me, maybe I should just go join the monastery?
People start to come in, we go to the bar and get a drink, I'm happy to get something that can dampen my nerves just a little.
"Oh God, it's Luke Windsor, he is Toms puplicist and friend, if he is here, Tom must be here to". Yes yes I am already having a fangirl attacks.
  Mary look at me. "Breathe and do not freak out, but he just walked in the door, you can not miss him, who the heck wear bright a red suits to a gala ?"
"Tom does apparently". I say with a laugh and turn around and yes there he is, it is impossible not to see him, both because of the suit lighting up and he is so tall.
There, he is the man who owns my heart, without even knowing I exist right now, said heart is beating like a freight train right now, it is light he lights up the whole room.
His hair is getting a little to the longter side, the ends starting to curl slightly and he has a slight ginger stubble.
I find him unbelievable handsome and I feel a warm sinking feeling, this is real, he is standing right there close enough for me to hear him laugh and that laugh makes my heart race extra quickly.
I can not help but keep an eye on him, I try not to seem like a desperate stalker, he must of course not detect it and think I'm strange.
Shortly after, we sit down at the tables and I discover, to my delight that I can see him from my seat, so I am allowed to enjoy him throughout the dinner.