"What do we do ? I'm really worried about him"

* Tom POV *
I am awake and then not really, I can hear what is going on in the room, but I can't bear to open my eyes, I do not bother myself to, I'm too tired.
"What do we do ? I'm really worried about him." I can hear my sister's voice right next to me and I can hear that she is sad, I hate to have made her sad.
Then my mums voice is there, she sounds suddenly so tired and older than usual. "I do not know my dear and you're not the only one who is worried, we are all scared."
"I dare not think about how he will react when she dies, I'm afraid it's going to kill him mum." My sister sounds like she is about to cry.
Ben's voice is filled with concern to, I actually never think I have heard him sound that worried. "I don't like this, but Tom is strong, he need to fight through this".
And I consider again whether one can die of grief ? And I was worried about the distance when she went home, it suddenly seems like such a small  and insignificant thing, I would gladly travel back and forth as long as she was there, as long as I got to keep her.
I can not help thinking what I have done to deserve this? I just thought I had found her, that she might be the one, the one I have been waiting for for so long, the one I wished for and dreamed about, but no, it's just not fair, apparently I am not supposed to be lucky in love, I'm obviously doomed forever to be alone.
I can not bear the compassion and the concern right now and I am so, so tired, so I let the sleep take me away instead.

* Alexa POV *
"Mary, have you heard anything new?" I come running into the waiting room, Mary look like she haven't slept for several days, but I guess I do too.
She looks up at me, then she springs up and hugs me. "Not much, they don't want to tell me anything, I only know that she was alive this morning, Tom's sister got it squeezed out of them, but she's in a coma."
"Where is Tom at ? I thought he was here." I look around, I expected he would be here, from what Sophia has told it sounded like they were already pretty serious.
Mary sighs, she looks worried. "He is hospitalized, the shock was too much, he fainted and his heart rate was too high, according to Luke he had another attack when he was told that she might not wake up again, they are afraid that he will give himself a heart attack".
"She should have told him, it must really have been a shock." I actually feel sorry for him, he had made my sister more happy here the last weeks than I've seen her before, it must have been a such shock to him.
First, I visit my sister, I talk to her even though she is not conscious, but I hope she can hear me, I tell her that we are a lot of poeple who are not ready to do without her.
Then I find out where Tom is, I want to meet him, a person who means so much to my sister also means a lot to me.
When I enter, it is clear he is sleeping, a young woman is sitting by the bedside, she looks worried, the likeness is not ignorable, it must be his sister.
"Hi, I'm Alexa, Sophia's sister, you must be Emma how is he doing." I look at Tom, he looks very pale, with dark circles under his eyes.
She smiles at me and shakes my hand. "Nice to meet you Alexa, he is sleeping right now, it's probably for the best, then he relaxes, the doctors are worried about his heart, it is not healthy for him if he gets more shocks".
"I'm sorry about this, my sister should never have initiatiated a relationship, she was just so happy with him, but she should have prepared him." I look apologetically at her, I understand how she feels, how it is to fear for your siblings life.
She looks at me, stroking his cheek gently as she speaks. "I don't think he would have missed these last weeks for anything, I've never seen him that happy before, but I hate to see him having to loose her again so soon."
"I hope at least he gets to say goodbye properly, that it is not her time yet." I say hopefully. I'm not ready to lose my sister, I would also like the chance to say goodbye to her one last time.