Chapter Seventeen

Meghan's P.O.V

I walk towards my motorcycle, my hands shaking with anger. I hate people like him. This is why I lose my shit all of the time... because people like him, people who have the courage to do the stupid shit they do, they just make me want to put them six feet under ground.

I hear someone call my name but I ignore them, not wanting to talk to anyone right now. If I talk with someone with this much anger in me, I will probably kill them. No joke.

"Meghan!" The voice calls again and I let out a growl of annoyance. I grab my helmet and raise it up to my head, putting it on. I flip the shield down and get on my bike, starting the engine.

Before driving off, I look behind me to see Jake running towards me. I groan and cut the engine, taking off my helmet. "What are you doing?" I ask and Jake stops when he reaches me, completely out of breath.

"I... wanted to see... if you were... okay." Jake breathes out and I roll my eyes.

"I'm fine." I say and Jake shakes his head.

"No your not. You... looked like you were about to kill... him." Jake says and I nod.

"Thats because I was. Look, you should go back to class. Don't worry about me." I say and Jake raises his eyebrow.

"I have to worry! I am the person who is suppose to be looking after you and making sure your not doing anything bad!" Jake says, his voice not sounding breathless. I rub my forehead and let out a sigh.

"I'll be fine." I say and Jake grabs my hand, taking me by surprise.

"You aren't going anywhere without me." Jake says and I raise my eyebrow at him, watching as he grabs the helmet that is hanging off the back of my bike.

"Says who?" I ask and Jake places the helmet on his head.

"Me." Jake says and I watch as he gets on the bike. I let out a laugh and look over my shoulder.

"Anything else, Mr I-Am-Now-A-Badass?" I ask Jake with a smirk and Jake looks down at the ground before look back up at me.

"Yeah..." Jake says and I raise my eyebrow at him. "Please don't go too fast."

●●●

I walk into the hospital, a sad sigh escaping my lips. Jake walks in behind me, a confused frown making its way onto his face but he doesn't ask anything. I walk to the reception and rest my arms on the counter, looking at Hailey.

When she finally gets off the phone, she looks up at me, a smile on her face. "Hey Meghan. Here to see Charlie?" Hailey asks and I nod, a small smile on my face.

"Yeah. I just wanted to see if she is still in the same room." I say and Hailey holds a finger up, beginning to type onto the computer. She looks up at me and nods. I thank her and she smiles. When Hailey notices Jake behind me, her smile widens.

"Your boyfriend?" Hailey asks, looking over at me and I shake my head.

"Nah." I say and before she could question me any further, I send her a wave before walking off. I hear Hailey mutter 'look after her' to Jake and I can't help but roll my eyes. I look over my shoulder and raise my eyebrow at Jake.

"Hey," I call and Jake looks over at me. "You coming or are you going to keep flirting with a married lady?" I ask, watching a dark red appear on his cheek. He waves at Hailey before running over to me and I send him a small grin.

"Are you into older ladies, Jakie?" I ask and Jake's eyes widen.

"N-No." Jake says and I nod.

"Good because Hailey's husband is a bikie..." I say, walking towards the elevators and Jake's eyes widen in fear. I let out a chuckle and roll my eyes.

"Only joking." I say before entering the elevator with Jake behind me. Since it is only Jake and I in the elevator, all we hear is the elevator music playing softly. Before I know it, the elevator door opens and I walk out, looking behind my shoulder to see Jake following close behind me.

"Where are we going?" Jake finally asks and I run a hand through my blonde hair.

"You'll see." I say and when I notice that this is the room Charlie is in, I let out a sigh before walking in. I look at the bed in front of me and smile when I look at the little brown-haired girl sleeping. I walk over to her bed and run my hand through her brown hair, my smile still on my face.

Suddenly, Charlie's eyes slowly open and I watch as she looks at me with her bright green eyes. When she realised that it is me, she smiles but doesn't say anything. You see, Charlie is only two years old and it's not the fact that she won't talk, it's because she can't.

I look over at Jake to see his eyes wide as he looks at Charlie. I grab his arm and pull him over to where I am so Charlie can meet him. "This is Charlie." I say, looking back at the child. I watch as her eyes slip shut, obviously telling me that she is tired. I grab her hand and run my thumb over it before pressing my lips to her forehead.

"I'll be back soon, baby girl." I mumble before standing up. I let out a sigh and slowly walk towards the door, Jake still looking at Charlie for a split second before following me out.

With the small frown he has on his face, I know he is confused about the whole thing but I don't say anything. He doesn't need to know about who Charlie is and what relations she has to me.

He just won't understand.

●●●

A/N - Oh, we have a mystery on our hands! Who is Charlie? How does Meghan know the two year old?

-XmysterysmileX