Chapter Twenty Five

Meghan's P.O.V

I lay on my bed, hearing the quiet voices of Courtney's parents and Hannah as they talked about the stupid marriage. I clench my jaw and tap on my phone rapidly, trying to get past that damn river on Crossy Road.

It really does suck when you like someone who just can't be yours.

Honestly, I never thought I would like someone like Jake. I never went for boys like him. I never went for boys who were shy and always kept to themselves. I never went for boys who wore sweaters.

I went for people like Drake.

The boys who were bad. The boys who didn't give a fuck about what anyone said. The boys who weren't afraid to say or do anything that they weren't supposed to. They were my type of guys, not Jake.

The boys that I would go for would be the boys that my brother would warn me about. According to him, they would break my heart in less than thirty seconds if they had the chance. The boys like Jake though, those were the boys that my brother wanted me to like.

My brother never liked how I acted but that didn't change the fact that I was his baby sister. That didn't change anything at all. My brother thought that if I were to see someone that wasn't as reckless and bad, I would change. I doubted that though. How can someone, like Jake for example, change someone like me? Someone who was born to break the rules and get into trouble.

I was wrong.

I was very wrong.

Ever since I first stepped foot into this house and saw Jake wearing a twenty one pilots tank top, I never expected him to have this effect on me. I just thought he was just a guy who didn't have a social life. Yes, I know that is mean but this is what I thought. Of course, now, I think differently.

Jake is different from what I first thought of him. Instead of being ugly, he is fucking gorgeous. Instead of being boring, I find myself actually wanting to know him. Instead of being a shit kisser...

Fuck. My. Life.

I can't even describe that one.

I guess what I am trying to say is when I first saw Jake, I never thought I would end up liking him as much as I like him up to this moment.

I also never thought that I would be wanting to punch his wife-to-be in the face.

Then again, life surprises us sometimes.

All of a sudden, my door swings open and I look up see Courtney's mom looking at me, a small smile on her face. I narrow my eyes at her and she walks in, closing the door behind her.

Don't scream 'rape', my brain says to me and I ever so slowly bring my knees up to my chin.

"Meghan, right?" Courtney's mom asks, leaning her back against my door. I stare at her, my mind immediately going crazy with questions that need to be answered.

I repeat, don't scream 'rape', my brain reminds me for the second time now.

"Yeah." I say, holding my head up. Courtney's mom nods and crosses her arms against her chest, the sickening smile still on her face.