Chapter Thirty One

Meghan's P.O.V

I look at the food that the nurse has just placed on the table in front of me. I furrow my eyebrows at the cheese sandwich and look up at the nurse who is folding the blankets.

"I didn't order cheese." I say and the nurse looks up at me, her face blank. Thinking that she didn't understand me, I point at the sandwich before lifting the top piece of the bread to reveal the cheese.

"I. Didn't. Order. Cheese." I say slowly and she stands up straight, placing the blanket on the desk that is against the corner. The nurse walks over to the bed and grabs the plate, walking towards the door.

"I heard you the first time." The nurse says before leaving and my eyes widen in disbelief.

What the fuck?

I roll my eyes, biting my tongue. I sit up, leaning against the small headboard. I honestly hate this place but I have to stay if I want to get better. I need to do this for Charlie.

I can't lose her.

I hear the door swing open and a small smile appears on my face when I look at the brown haired boy standing in the doorway of my hospital room.

"Jake," I breathe out. "What are you doing here?" I ask, watching as Jake walks towards me with a small smile.

"I came to see you," Jake says and suddenly, he brings his hands from behind his back and holds out the frame. "And to give you this." Jake says, placing the silver frame on the desk beside my bed.

I look between the frame and Jake with my eyes slightly wide. Jake sits in the chair beside my bed. He takes something out of his pocket and my eyes widen more when I look at the photo.

"H-How did you get that?" I ask quietly, watching as Jake grabs the frame and slowly places the photo inside of it. Jake sits the frame back on the desk and looks over at me.

"Please tell me you like it." Jake says and I look at the photo with both my brother and I are in. We are both smiling and holding onto each other, our green eyes shinning brightly in the sun.

"Come on, I'll ask someone to take a photo of the both of us." Matt says with a grin and I grab onto his hand, walking behind him as he approaches a group of guys. He taps one of the guys on the shoulder and the guy turns around.

"Hey, do you mind taking a photo of my sister and I?" Matt asks and the guy nods, taking Matt's phone from his hand.

"Sure," The guy says and we both stand back. Matt looks down at me and smiles, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Happy birthday, Meghan."

I look at Jake to see his smile slightly turning into a frown. He reaches over and brushes his thumb under my eye, wiping away the tear that made its way down my cheek.

"I'm sorry. I am so sorry." Jake says and I bite my lip, closing my eyes.

"Don't be." I mumble. "I love it." I say, opening my eyes to see Jake staring into my green eyes. Before he can say anything, I slowly lean forward and press my lips against his, my eyes slipping shut once again.