Epilogue

Meghan's P.O.V

I pick up the letter that I had received early this morning, a small smile forming on my lips. I hear my cell mate, Helena, chuckle lightly.

"Boyfriend, I'm guessing?" Helena asks and I look over at her to see her laying on her bed with an arm under her head.

I roll my eyes playfully, looking back at the letter. "Yeah."

Dear Meghan,

Day 183. Your time is finally up. If you were here right now, you would be able to see the smile on my lips. I can't express how happy I am at this exact moment.

I don't want to make this letter too long like all my other letters that I have sent to you because I have to get ready to pick you up. I want to be the first person you see when you exit that place and nothing is going to stop me from doing just that.

I love you, my bad girl.

- Jake x

I can't help but let my smile grow as I fold the letter. I stand and walk over to my bed, placing the letter on my bed along with all of my other letters from Jake. I hear the officer bang her stick on the bars, catching my attention.

I look over my shoulder to see Officer Miller staring at me with a small grin. "Miss Brooks, I believe you have come to the end of the road in here." She says and I nod, a small laugh escaping my lips.

"Too early I believe." I hear Helena comment, earning a roll of the eyes from Officer Miller.

"Helena, I would shut my mouth if I were you. Your sentencing is tomorrow and you better be on your best behavior." Officer Miller says with a smug grin.

Helena scoffs. "I have been waiting two years for that damn day and have been on my best behavior. What the hell are you on about?" Helena asks, raising her eyebrow.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. You made thirteen shanks during your time in here and used one on an inmate in the next block." Officer Miller says and Helena rolls her eyes.

"Actually, I threatened to use it. Besides, that bitch doesn't know when to shut her mouth so I say that whoever attacked her should come and give me a high-five because she deserved it." Helena says with a smirk. Officer Miller opens the cell and gestures for me to follow her out, ignoring Helena.

Before I leave though, I walk over to Helena and give her a small handshake. "Good luck with everything." I say and Helena gives me a wink.

"Same goes. You never know what can come flying your way on the outside." Helena says and I nod.

"Ill be cautious." I say and Helena nods.

"See you on the outside, Meg." Helena says and I nod once more before turning around and gathering my letters, placing them in a small box that Officer Miller gave to me when I first arrived here.

"Now this is not a hiding place for you weapons. This is where you put your possessions that are harmless. Letters, clothes, shampoo, etcetera." Officer Miller says and I nod.

"Or you can use it to make ninja stars like me to throw at people." I hear a voice say, making me look over my shoulder to see a girl with long, black hair and bright blue eyes. Tattoos cover her arms, and a spider web emerges from under her collar, making me smirk a little.

"Don't mind Helena. She is a pain in everyone's ass." Officer Miller says and Helena smirks at her.

"Not if you like me, which you do." Helena says with a wink, earning a roll of the eyes from Officer Miller.