Chapter Forty One

Meghan's P.O.V

Saturday.

It's finally the weekend!

Pulling the blankets away from my body, I swing my legs off of my bed and begin to walk towards the door. I don't know if anyone is awake but I'm hoping that Jake and Hannah are still asleep.

Especially Jake.

I walk down the stairs, rubbing my eyes tiredly. I hear the television running and I glance over to see no one occupying the couch. Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I walk over to the couch, expecting to see Hannah or Jake on the couch.

But I don't.

"What the hell?" I mutter, grabbing the remote off of the couch and turning the television off. Suddenly, an envelope is slid from under the door, scaring the shit out of me. My heart races as I walk over to the door, picking up the envelope. My eyes scan the front of it, looking at the name written in cursive writing.

Meghan.

Since when do I get mail?

Instantly, I open the front door and walk out, hoping to see who slid the envelope under the door. To my luck, I see no one. I am only greeted by the cold breeze hitting my legs, which makes me sigh in annoyance.

Closing the door, I look back at the envelope. I can feel something inside it but I know it's not paper. Without hesitation, I rip the envelope open and my eyes fall on the items inside off the envelope.

All of a sudden, my eyes widen and I lick my lips.

Weed.

"You're up early." I hear a voice say, immediately bringing me out of my thoughts. I quickly close the envelope and hold it in my hands tightly, spinning around.

"Hannah..." I breathe out, feeling my heart pound against my rib cage. Hannah rubs her eyes and walks down the stairs towards the kitchen door. Before she enters though, she looks at the envelope in my hands.

"Whats that?" Hannah asks and my own eyes look down at the envelope.

Looking back up at Hannah, I reply with, "A few photos of Charlie." I lie, not even knowing if she knows about Charlie. When she nods, I know she does and without any further questions, she walks into the kitchen, allowing me to finally breathe.

I've got to hide this, I tell myself but before I can begin to make my way towards the stairs, a memory flashes through my mind, stopping me.

"Meghan," Jake calls as I am about to drink from the water bottle. I look over at him, my lips parted. "Have you ever thought about getting off the drugs?" Jake asks and I narrow my eyes at him, placing the drink down in my lap.

"Why would I think that?" I ask and Jake sighs.

"Well, if you don't want to end up in here again, I suggest you at least try and stay away from the stuff." Jake says and I suddenly laugh, shaking my head.

"You would have to devote your life and soul to get me off of that, Jakie." I say and watch as small smile forms on his lips.

"Okay." Jake says suddenly and my grin immediately disappears off of my face. I furrow my eyebrows at him and cross my arms over my chest.

"What?"

"I'll do it," Jake says again, making my frown deepen. "I'll help you get off the drugs." Jake adds, the smile on his face not going away. I look into my eyes. He can't be serious.