Chapter Thirty Five

Meghan's P.O.V

I rub my eyes and walk into the building, wanting nothing more than to just sleep right now. I notice that there are no students walking around or in the hallway and I groan in realisation.

Damn, I'm late.

That's what you get for not sleeping last night, my brain laughs in humor and I can't help but roll my eyes, walking over to my locker and opening it. Just as I begin to place the few books I have in bag into the locker, I feel someone tap my shoulder, making me groan for the second time this morning.

I slam my locker shut and turn around to see Courtney standing in front of me, her blonde hair trailing down her waist. Her blue eyes look into my green ones and I narrow my eyes at her in confusion, crossing my arms over my chest. Since my tattoos are on show this morning -- my leather jacket is in the wash -- I am only wearing a black tank top and black skinny jeans.

"What the fuck do you want?" I spit, glaring at the bitch. Courtney looks around before meeting my gaze once more, a worrying look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry about what I did to you. I'm just worried because I really like Jake and I just feel like that your going to get involved and ruin my chances of marrying him--" I cut Courtney off with my hand, raising it in front of her face.

"What are you talking about? What did you do to me?" I ask slowly, my eyes narrowing at her. Courtney's eyes widen and she slowly begins to back away from me.

"D-Don't worry then--" I grab Courtney by the hair and pull her forward to me, watching as she winces in pain. I raise my eyebrow at her and clench my jaw.

"Don't walk away from me." I growl, letting Courtney go. I walk around to that I am in front of her and the lockers are behind her, stopping her from running backwards like before. "Tell me." I say slowly and Courtney shakes her head.

"I was confused about something totally different-" In anger, I grab her by the throat and push her against the lockers, watching as her eyes go wide in horror. I hear a door swing open but I don't bother to look.

"Fight!" The person screams and once again, I ignore everything that is going on and just focus on Courtney, staring into her blue eyes.

"Tell me." I repeat in a lower tone, squeezing harder on her neck. Courtney whimpers and closes her eyes tightly, a tear making its way down her face.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Courtney screams and in the corner of my eye, I notice a class of students surrounding us, watching what is going on.

"Meghan!" I hear a familiar voice scream but I ignore him, knowing exactly what he is going to try and do.

Not this time, buddy.

Before I can say a word to Courtney, I feel my body being pulled away from her and I watch as Courtney immediately makes a run for it, running out of the building and away from me.

I growl and elbow the person in the ribs, feeling the grip loosen. I turn around to see Danny on the ground, groaning in pain. I look behind him to see Emma and Jake glaring at me -- well, mostly Jake.

Great.

●●●

"You need to stop with this violence, Meghan." Jake says as soon as we enter the house. I groan and rub my hands over my face.

Jake hasn't stopped since Danny had pulled me away from Courtney and to be honest, I am finding Jake quite annoying right now. All I have heard today is:

"Are you going to stop arguing with people?"

"When are you going to stop being so violent?"

"Are you even going to apologize?"

Never have I ever in my entire life have I been civil. I have always been someone who never calmed down for an entire day. I just can't do that. That's like saying Hulk should calm down.

Never... tell Hulk to calm down.

I turn around, annoyance clear on my face. "Will you just drop it?" I snap and Jake furrows his eyebrows at me. Before he can say a word, I turn around and walk up the stairs and into my room. I don't bother closing my door because I know Jake will want to come in.

I walk towards my cupboard and strip out of my jeans and tank top, searching for something I can wear. Suddenly, I head a sharp intake of breathe and thats when I know Jake is looking at me, practically naked.

Like I care though.

I don't bother to turn around as I grab one of the large hoodies that I stole from the mall that time when Hannah couldn't take me and Jake had to. I flip my hair out of my hoodie and turn to Jake, raising my eyebrow.

"What?" I snap and Jake looks down at my limited amount of clothing before stepping into my room, looking at my eyes. I cross my arms over my chest and wait for Jake to say something but he doesn't. He just keeps looking at me.

"Oh so now you decide to shut up?" I ask, walking over to him. Jake doesn't move and he doesn't look frightened which confuses me.

Jake? Not scared?

The fuck?

"No, I was just thinking." Jake says calmly and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Thinking? What the fuck could you be thinking about? I asked you a simple question and here you are 'thinking'." I complain, throwing my hands in the air. I grip at my hair and close my eyes for a brief second.

I can't believe I like him.

"What?" Jake asks and my eyes snap open as I look up at Jake who looks confused as ever. My grip on my hair loosens and I bite my lip, turning around. Suddenly, my cheeks heat up and my eyes widen.

Am I... blushing?

I raise a hand to my cheek and I gasp in realisation. I am blushing! What the hell am I turning into?

Wait... did Jake hear me?

"Meghan," Jake calls and I shake my head, closing my eyes.

"No, don't bother." I say and Jake grabs my hand, spinning me around.

"Do you like me?" Jake asks slowly and for a split second, I notice a little bit of hope in Jake's eyes. You know, that twinkle you see in someone's eyes? Yeah, that bit of hope.

With Jake's hand in mine, I can't help but feel like my hand is on fire from his touch. My eyes widen slightly, deciding if I should tell him or not.

Should I tell him?

And risk getting rejected, my brain asks and I mentally breathe out a sigh.

I can't do this.

Tell him, Meghan. Fuck what he thinks. At least you can get this off your chest... my brain says, making me feel slightly confused.

Wait, so should I tell him or not?

I look into Jake's blue eyes and sigh, using my other hand to run it through my hair. "I... ugh, yes I like you." I finally spit out and instead of getting a good reaction, Jake drops my hand.

●●●

A/N - What the hell, Jake! What are you doing? Meghan finally confessed, FINALLY!

-XmysterysmileX