Teething Problems

Patience lay in the adult sized crib, watching helplessly as the fluid from the iV dripped slowly into her body. She whimpered in frustration, tears spilling from her eyes. This was it. Not only had she failed to get Niall and Harry away from this h&ll,, she was now trapped in it herself. There was no way out. None. Zip, Nada. She could only pray that the Tomlinsons would be kind to her.She once thought she could get help. She begged everyone she saw but they either ignored her pleas or told her she had got what she deserved. A few were kind and listened but said nothing.It was hopeless.

He stood by the door, listening to the soft sounds of crying and it hurt his heart. He had watched her grow, from  pretty child to beautiful young woman and now she was being forcibly regressed back to that helpless state of childhood. Glancing around to make sure nobody was watching, he slowly pushed the door open and let himself into the room. He checked the corridor again before letting the door click shut behind him then approached the crib. He put his fingers to his lips in the universal gesture of asking for quiet. Her eyes, swimming with tears, looked up at him but her crying stopped.  Moving even closer, he stared at the iV, looking closely at it, frowning slightly at the label on the bag containing the regression drug. His fingers picked at the torn corner, pulling a little of the paper free. His face suddenly looked thunderous. He turned his attention back to the crib and the girl lying in it. Her eyes were closed now, tears drying on her cheeks . She had finally succumbed to sleep. Quietly and carefully he lowered the side of the crib and, mindful of the iV, lifted her up and cuddled her into his massive chest. She whimpered softly in her sleep and he murmured softly to her, telling her she was safe  and loved .Sounds in the corridor made him look uneasily over his shoulder so he hastily replaced her back in the crib and raised the side, locking it into place. He looked around the room and saw the trolley Nurse Collins had used earlier was pushed to one side.He grabbed it quickly as the door opened and Nurse Collins came into the room and saw him.

"Just collecting this, Nurse Collins" he said cheerfully . 

"Good, I hate untidy rooms" Nurse Collins replied as she strode towards the crib then checked the iV.  "Well, don't just stand there,  man" she snapped as he stood there, looking between her and the crib. "I'm sure you have other work to do. The baby clinic is due to start in half and hour."

"Yes, M'am" he responded and hurried out, pulling the trolley behind him. Once the door had shut, he let out a sigh of relief. He'd come close to being caught, he could feel his heart was still pounding.  He pushed the trolley into the preparation room and cleared it off, cleaning it then restocking it for future use. A quick glimpse of his watch had  appraised him of the fact that the Baby Clinic was about to start and he would be needed. He dashed out, straightening his clothing as he went.

"Niall Malik-Payne" the nurse called out and both Liam and Zayn stood and followed her into the  examination room. Zayn had Niall in his arms and Niall was chewing on a teething ring, one of his cheeks looking red and slightly swollen. "Doctor will be with you shortly" the nurse said smiling at them. "If you'd like to undress baby, I'll get  him weighed and take his temperature before she arrives." Zayn nodded and, sitting down, quickly undressed Niall who immediately began to get fussy.

"I'm sorry" Zayn said as he handed Niall over to the nurse. " He's really not well at the moment."

"Oh, poor lamb" the nurse cooed at the small blond boy. "Doctor will make you all better soon". She took him over to the scales and weighed him  then wrote down the result before lifting him up again and carrying him to the examination couch where she flipped him gently onto his tummy and inserted the lubricated tip of the thermometer into his small hole. Niall screamed in outrage and tried to wriggle away from the intrusive feeling but the nurse kept one hand firmly pressed onto his back, keeping him in place. "There, there" she soothed as she removed the thermometer and read it quickly. "Oh poor little thing..no wonder you are being so fussy, you have a  small fever." Both Liam and Zayn exchanged worried looks at her words.