Fast Thinking

"That went really well" Liam said as he tucked Niall into his stroller ready to take the small lad home. "How long to you reckon you'll be, Zee?"

"An hour, two tops . There is a whole gang of us helping with the cleanup, even Josh plans to stay until Chloe wakes up from her nap.  I'll be back in time to bath this little munchkin" He bent down and kissed Niall's forehead, pushing the hair off the small boy's face. "Someone needs a haircut!" he said fondly as he straightened up. "I'd better go get started" Zayn pulled Liam in for a hug then hurried off, leaving his younger husband to head for home.

"Mark, Preston...thanks" Louis turned to the two men who had just finished heaving the trash bags into the dumpster. 

"No problem" Mark responded . Preston nodded as he wiped a sweaty hand across his forehead. " It was a really successful day but back to normal tomorrow. Preston nodded again.

"Actually , Preston. I wanted to asks you something" Louis looked at the two men facing him. "The new drugs you are developing?How is that going?"

"Pretty good, actually" Preston replied "Once I have finished testing it, I'll know for sure. It will be make the results of regression last so much longer..parents will be able to go two or three years before needing to re-drug their Littles."

"Cool" Zayn said as he walked up, catching the end of the conversation. "Josh has headed home with Chloe now as she woke up." Zayn rolled back his shoulders to ease the ache  caused by shifting chairs and trash into their respective places.  "Preston, I have a question of my own" Zayn asked , knowing Preston was the man who developed all the  specialist drugs used in the Community. "Ummh..my son, Niall..he 'ah. seems to react to music he heard in his past life.Any way that can be stopped? It's kinda upsetting us all, to be honest" Zayn admitted, fidgeting nervously."We're afraid it will jolt him out of his headspace."

"Well, actually, yes there is Zayn. It interferes with the Littles abilities to process memories. It won't work on children who are in the toddler headspace but it's 100% effective in the newborn to 6 months headspace . If you want to consider this, have a word with Doctor Andrews and she'll arrange for us all to talk about it and the side effects and stuff" Preston smiled at Zayn "There aren't any dangerous ones, but it means baby needs to stay a baby, really."

"Thanks, I'll do that. It would certainly take some worries off us" Zayn said. "Are we all done now?"

"Yeah, Zee. Let's go home to our families, yeah?" Louis agreed. The four men bid each other goodbye then left for their respective homes, both Zayn and Louis considering the information they had received from Preston.

Zayn stood in the doorway, watching as Liam bounced Niall on his knees, singing nursery songs to him. Niall was gurgling happily, waving his arms around.

"Bababab" Niall cooed, catching sight of his Baba. Zayn instantly held out his arms as Niall reached for him. Liam handed over the wriggling boy to Zayn , who immediately cuddled the boy to his chest.

"Have you been a good baby for your Daddy?" he asked the boy.

"Dadadadddd" Niall replied 

"I'm so happy to hear that. You're Baba's happy boy" Zayn cooed back at the boy, getting a toothy grin in response. Zayn carefully wiped away the drool from Niall's mouth. "Happy boy"

"Here" Liam appeared next to them, holding a bottle of milk. Niall made grabby hands at it as soon as he saw what his daddy was holding. "Will you feed him, babe? I'll start dinner...Chicken okay with you?".

"Yes, to both" Zayn smiled at Liam, taking the bottle and settling himself down in the recliner to feed the baby. Liam 'awed' at them both then disappeared into the kitchen to start dinner.