"We've Got A Problem"

Joe stared at Greg. "Zayn? This is who you saw? Are you sure?"

"As sure as I can be. The guy I saw was really built though, very muscular. older .but..........." Greg trailed off. Was he sure? But the face seemed so familiar even though the man in the photograph was clean shaven and the  man he'd met on the disused road had a well trimmed beard. He had to be the same guy. And after all the Academy photograph was taken some years ago. "Yeah, I'm sure."

"OK, I'll investigate. Officer, will you return Greg to the jail please." Joe nodded dismissively and started to type rapidly on his keyboard to see what he could find on Zayn Malik. He'd been fairly friendly with Zayn at the Academy and had even gone to Zayn's wedding to.....da*n, what was his husband's name? Good looking man, puppy eyes...Lional? Lance?....Liam! Yeah,  Liam...Liam Payne. Joe became more focussed as memory returned.

She's still being sick, Lou" Serena said, her forehead creased with worry. "She's even vomiting water back up. I think I'll take her to the clinic tomorrow."

"Good idea, it's been a few days now and she'd not improved. Harry seems ok, though" Louis agreed. He hated it when either of the children were unwell. "I'll see if Liam can look after Harry and I'll come with you. "I'll just give him a call."

"Sure, no problem Lou" Zayn said. "Actually, I'm taking little Niall to the clinic tomorrow too. His knee is really bad and he's having to have it braced again, poor baby. But Li will be home as he wants to get some work done around the place. And Harry is no bother these days. " And that was the truth, Zayn thought, as he remembered Harry pre regression days. That boy had been a monster, constantly trying to escape, even making it to the outskirts of town once by hiding in a truck. Zayn grinned. You had to admire the boy's tenacity.

"Cheers, mate" Louis said thankfully. "I'll bring him over tomorrow then. I really appreciate this Zee as I need to go into work to do the security checks. I don't  think we're  in any danger but you have to stay on top of these things. Bye now" Louis hung up and went to tell Serena everything was sorted.

"I'm glad Niall's being seen today" Liam said tiredly "poor lad was whimpering in pain half the night." He passed Zayn a mug of coffee before taking a large sip of his own. He sighed as loud crying was heard over the baby monitor.

"I'll go, babe" Zayn put his mug down and hurried out of the room, taking the stairs two at a time as he headed towards Niall's nursery. "Hush now, snowflake, Baba has you.'' he cooed as he picked up a sobbing Niall and cuddled him into his chest. Niall's crying faded as he was gently rocked. "Let's get you all dry and comfortable" Zayn murmured, carrying Niall over to the changing table. He winced when he took off Niall's onesie and saw the sore and inflamed knee. "Awe baby..." he said  "Don't worry, Baba is going to get that sorted out for you." He gently changed Niall's soaked diaper then dressed the boy in a legless onesie, anxious not to put any added pressure on the lad's sore knee. "Let's go see your  Dada".

"The clinic is going to be very busy this morning" Nurse Collins snapped as she strode into one of the treatment rooms, a sheet of paper in her hand.  "This virus going around really has made so many of the littles very unwell. I am assisting Doctor Andrews this morning, and you'll be with Doctor Clarke. Here's the list. You've some shots to give, Niall Malik-Payne needs a brace on his knee and then there is the clinic to run." She handed over the list to the muscular man who instantly scanned it, his face blank, as he nodded acknowledgement. 

"Niall Malik-Payne?" Zayn stood up, Niall cradled in his arms, as he heard his son's name, and followed the nurse into a treatment room when a male nurse was waiting, his sweet expression at odds with his intimidating muscular frame.