Nomis

Over a year later

Niall stepped out of the shower and rubbed the steam off the mirror., staring at his naked reflection. He sighed heavily. Despite trying several rounds of hormone treatment, his body still remained as smooth and hairless as that of a child. A permanent reminder of of his time as an adult 'baby'. He turned away and wrapped a towel around his waist, grabbing another to dry his thick hair. He'd grown the blond color out and had reverted to his own natural brown once again. He needed to do everything he could to try and move away from the helpless victim he had been. And everyone said it made him look older, more mature.

"Nialler, baby bro, hurry up. You've got to get to your appointments." Greg yelled from the other side of the bathroom door. Niall winced and clenched his teeth at his words. He hated the word 'baby 'with a passion, especially when used in relationship to himself, but Greg had suffered too, he reminded himself, and he hated to upset him by telling him not to use that term.

"I'm coming" he yelled.He unlocked the door and went into his bedroom. His clothes were already laid out on the bed so he dressed quickly, just wanting to get these appointments over with. After a quick  glance at his reflection, he picked up his wallet and keys and left the room, taking the stairs two at a time.

"Ready?" Greg asked as Niall appeared in the hallway,  and Niall nodded. "Great, Alberto is already in the car. Let's get moving.He turned, Niall following him out.

"Well Niall, how are things going for you?" Doctor Nomis asked genially. He indicated the couch and Niall sat down, crossing his arms across his body, his body language defensive. There was something about his therapist that made him very uneasy. The man was creepy,somehow."Tea?" the doctor asked quietly and got an answering nod from the young man. The doctor poured two cups, passing on to Niall, before he sat down opposite his patient. "So, how has the last week been?"

"OK, I guess" Niall took a sip of his tea then continued "I'm back in the studio, done some recording. I'm writing again. Planning on touring again.....maybe"

"That's good, Niall, positive progress. And how are you emotionally?" the doctor pressed gently.

"I'm doing Ok. I still have nightmares, always the same one...the accident .. then flashbacks about the community." Niall's voice was quiet, emotionless.

"Yes, that is normal, Niall. But they do seem to be lessening. And I think the group sessions we have with Patience and Harry are helping. You seem to be really helping each other deal with this. Being able to share your  experiences is an important part of your recovery." Doctor Nomis drank some of his own tea then continued " Your Physician is pleased with your physical progress and tells me that, if your next check up is satisfactory, he'll be releasing you from your bi-monthly appointments."

"I can't wait" Niall smiled slightly "I just want to be away from everything now. I want to concentrate on my music and stop having to think about the last two years. I want to move on...if I can." Niall's voice got quieter. Could he move on? Yes, he was physically back to being an adult , barring the lack of body hair. But would the nightmares  ever stop? Would he ever fully get over it? He sighed mentally and tried to concentrate on what the therapist was saying.

"Niall?" The doctor was staring at Niall, a questioning look on his face.

"Ummh, yeah, sorry, I was thinking" Niall smiled slightly "sorry, what did you say?"

"I asked about the Giraffe stuffy. Do you still have it?"

"I...yes.... I can't seem to get rid of it. It's sort of comforting in a weird way" Niall admitted, blushing.