1- Running

Edited.

Cara's POV

Chapter 1: Running

"You know I love you."

Those words haunted me. He would always say those very words. How could he mean them? I never knew if he meant to hurt me or not.

I married the man of my dreams at 16, we were high school sweethearts, he was 2 years older then me. But once we were married everything changed . He became more aggressive and by the time I was 18 I was used to it. He was all I had but that night made me realize I had to get out of there before it was to late.

"Hey honey, how was work?" I asked him softly.

"How do you think?" He told me. His voice was strong and firm.

"Um... I cooked your favourite spaghetti." I smiled at him.

Just as he was about to reply, my phone rung.

"Oh hi john... Yes, it was great meeting you... Yes yes I will... Okay have a great day!"

I put my phone down onto the table and looked around the room. I noticed that my husband was looking at me and his eyes were filled with rage.

"I'll just get the food out the oven." I told him.

***15 Minutes Later***

I poured him some of his favourite wine and served the food.

"Who was that?" He asked, his tone more demanding.

"John from work. He's my new boss." I truthfully replied.

"I bet you enjoy screwing him." He said.

"What are you talking about Jake?" I asked him.

Suddenly Jake threw his wine glass onto the floor and caused the glass shattered everywhere

"Look Cara, if you have something to say, say it!"

I stayed silent.

"SAY. IT!" He demanded and I shrunk down into my seat.

"Look baby, you need to calm down." I told him.

I was so scared of him.

"Don't tell me to calm down" He shouted.

Suddenly he jumped up and grabbed me into a hug but that hug was a little to tight.

"Please Jake, let go you're hurting me." I said as I tried to push him off.

His hug was getting tighter and tighter.

"You know I love you."

"Please stop."

Suddenly with all his force he pushed me into the table. The glass table smashed into a million pieces and a sharp pain made it's way into my back

"What more do you want from me, Cara?" He screamed and then pointed at the shattered glass, "Look what you made me do!"

He grabbed me by the neck and his grasp tightened. This was the worst his violence has ever been.

"Stop please!" I begged.

I was trying so hard to escape his grasp that I ignored the ever later pain in my back. I was slowly losing hope. This was it. The person who I loved was killing me.

I looked round and saw the wine bottle on the floor I grabbed it and threw it onto his head. He instantly blanked out and I knew I had to take this chance.

It took me a few minutes to calm down and stop hysterically crying. I looked around our apartment. It looked like a murder scene on CSI.

I got up and ran to the bedroom and started to shove as much clothes and money and I had left. I exited my room and walked into the kitchen. I started to collect some food and water. I also found some paper and left him a note

Jake,

I love you Jake but sometimes I wonder whether you ever loved me. You were all I had and you knew that but you still treated me like dirt. 

I have to go now but I hope you find peace.

Love Cara.

After that I rung my boss and quit my job. I had to start fresh. I had to leave. After a little pep talk I sprinted out the door.