Cape verde

Once I got back I told Eva everything. All she could do was look at me.

"Cara have you heard his side of the story"

"I don't want to"

"Look this must be hard but he is the father of your baby you need to give him a chance to explain himself"

I hated it when she was right

"Fine but still Eva "

"No buts "

"Ok ok so how's you "

"Good" she said with a gleme in her eyes

"There's this guy called Ross . He is dreamy. I met him at a art event we were both looking at the same painting when he asked me what I thought of it. Since then we've been inseparable . He actually left a few minutes before you came."

'OMG Eva I have to meet him"

"Yeah we should go out for dinner"

"I don't really want to be the 3rd wheel"

"Invite miles"

"Umm"

"Think about it "

She got up to go have a shower .

What was I going to do.

The next morning I got dressed and drove to the hospital . It was my first scan . I never thought I'd be going alone.

When I arrived the nurse told me to lay on the bed. She put this weird stuff over my belly and put the scanner on my stomach.

"So everything's looking normal. Here you can see the heartbeat."

I heard a very fast beat. I couldn't believe this was my child

Once I was finished they gave me a picture of the scan. I could see a faint outline of a baby.

I decided i had to go see miles.

I found myself standing outside his door i was just about to knock when miles came out in a hurry crashing into me.

"Cara. Sorry I didn't see you"

He looked tired. He had stumble round his face. I'd never seen that before

"It's ok"

"Look about yesterday it was nothing ."

"Miles I didn't come here to hear lies iam giving you one chance to tell me the truth"

"I came home upset. I couldn't force you to come with me. Lucy sat me down and we drank a few bottles of wine next thing I know she kisses me and I , I kissed her back and I wished it was you. I couldn't even process what was going on till I heard the door bang and that snapped me out. Once I realized what I had done I felt so bad. It's my job to protect you Cara not hurt you and iam sorry"

I didn't know how to react.

"Um well I went to the first scan and here"

I passed him the photo and he looked at it. His eyes were filled with happiness

He suddenly hugged me. I felt safe but I pulled away .

"Cara do you forgive me"

"Miles how would you feel if I was kissing someone else"

"Heartbroken" he admitted looking down

"I don't know what you want me to say "

"That you'll come away with me"

"What"

"Look you don't have to forgive me but please let me make it up to you. I will do anything to earn your forgiveness "

"Um ok"

"Let's go"

"What now"

"Yes"

How could he just go on holiday like that. Well he was a billionaire.

Why was I doing this. It was probably because I loved him. Wait no I didn't . Oh I don't know anymore .

We arrived in Cape Verde. It was so beautiful. Lush beaches . Hot wheater. I wanted to go eat though I was so hungry

The bell hop showed us to the suite.

"Um I thought we had separate rooms"

"No there are no rooms left"

"So we have to share a bed etc etc "

"well yh"

"Um"

"Will figure it out later come on let's go eat"

We picked a Spanish looking restaurant and shared a paella. I was so good. I thought it would be awkward but it was surprisingly easy talking to miles even after everything that was going on.

Once we had finished it was around ten so it was time to head back to the suite. We got back so i decided to have a shower.

Once I had finished I put on my pjs to try avoid awkwardness but while I was half dress miles came in. I didn't have anything on except for my pj shorts.

"Sorry I thought you where done" he said looking down

i quickly grabbed the top and pulled the the tshirt over my head

"It's fine iam done"

I walked past him and he closed the door. I walked to the bed and looked at it.

I couldn't sleep in the same bed. I grabbed some pillows and the throw and walked to the other room where the sofa and TV were. I tried to make myself comfortable while drifting off into a light sleep.

Miles pov

Everything was so awkward with Cara. When I went to the bathroom as soon as she saw me she turned around embarrassed . We had lost everything our closeness our trust and it was my fault .

When I was done I walked to the fridge to get a drink when I saw Cara sleeping on the sofa. She looked so uncomfortable. She was frowning slightly. gently I picked her up and laid her In the bed . I would rather sleep on the sofa if that meant she was comfortable.

I heard Cara waking me up . She was shaking my shoulder

"Miles miles"

"Yeah" I said half awake

"Feel my stomach I felt it move"

I sat up cracking my kneck and placed my hand over her stomach

I felt a tiny kick .

Cara started to cry bad I hugged her . We stayed there for a long time,

"Thanks for moving be to the bed last night."

"Your welcome"

"Miles you know I love you"

Hearing her say that made me feel something. something good

"I love you to cara. so much "

"But this is to much Iam pregnant and I don't know Iam just scared il be a bad mum"

She looked down at the floor twisting her fingers . Her usual bright blue eyes dull. She was scared.