5- First Day At Work

Edited

Cara's POV

Chapter 5: First Day At Work

"You nervous?"' Eva asked me for the one thousandths time today.

"No Eva!" I stated shaking my head, "I am excited! I finally feel like my life is turning out for the best. I just feel so happy about it all. You know?"

"I am happy for you Cara, I seriously am." She said and then grinned excitedly, "So what you going to wear? Oh, can I help too?" She said a little bit too eagerly.

"I really don't know Eva. So yep, you are going to help me pick something for today. You are amazing at fashion as always." I winked and she giggled.

While Eva was going through my wardrobe I couldn't help think about Miles. What was he doing right now? He seemed nice but did he want to get me in bed or something? Was that all an act? He was probably wooing some other girl right now plus I won't see him ever again.

"CARA!" A loud voice screamed into my ear and I jumped out of my skin and turned to the cause of the noise.

"What?" I groaned rubbing my ear.

"Look you should wear this black pencil skirt and this shirt!" She held up and then ran to the shoes that she picked out,  "And these heels will make you look so business chic!"

"Thanks Eva."

"Cara you never told me why you were late this morning..." I felt the smirk coming onto her lips, "What happened? If there  is a cute boy involved you got to tell me the details!"

"I met this guy." I confirmed with a nodded.

"Oh. Oh. Oh. Get in there Cara." She nudged and I rolled my eyes, "WAS HE FIT?!" She screamed happily.

"Very!" I confirmed again, "He was so fit that if you had a fit metre... He would be to fit to even be on it."

"Shit! Wow, did you get his number?"

"No and I don't think I'll ever see him again." I replied sadly.

"Oh well I am sure that you too will meet again. I feel it. Anyway, I've got to get going to the art gallery."

Eva works in a high end art gallery called Aspex in Sloan Square. She is the manager. Even though her passion is making art, she is very grateful for her job because she has made a lot of good contacts.

"Okay, I should probably get going as well. Don't want to be late for the first day, do I?" She nodded to me and left me in my room.

I got dressed and did my makeup in record time. I decided to keep it natural but add some red lipstick. I then pulled my blonde hair into a ponytail and curled the ends. I leave a few buttons open at the top of my shirt and I look in the mirror for one last time. I put on the necklace that my mother gave me before she died. It was one of the most expensive things she ever bought. We were very poor. I was 10 when she died . From then I went from foster to foster house. It was a gold heart locket. When you open it there's a picture of me and her. On the other side is a message. 'I love you so much my dear Cara I am s proud of you. I'll always be there for you. Love mum.' I held the necklace and closed my eyes.

I love you mum.

***

I was looking at Globes Global. The building was tall. It was all made of glass (that must take a long time to clean). It was so beautiful. I walked in and went straight to the front desk.

"Hi, I am Cara... I am here as the new assistant for the CEO." I said and the lady nodded with a grunt. Did she already hate me?

"Yes Cara, here's your name badge and here's your card. As an assistant you will be able to access any room except Mr Clarke's room. You will work right outside Mr Clarke's room. Your desk is ready for you and just a word of advise miss, don't try and have sex with Mr Clarke." I raised an eyebrow at that. The other assistants can't of been that bad... right?  "I am afraid he can't resist pretty women such as you and that is against the company's policy so we will have no choice but to fire you. That's how the last assistants were fired." So it was that bad.