Part 6: On the way to Hogwarts

.Hermione's Top When She Goes To Hogwarts.

One week later it is time to go back to Hogwarts. It was a really nice week on that ward: it was calm there, peaceful and fun! I had read a lot and Mrs Ramsay visited me often.

That morning I put on a black top with high waisted, bleached jeans. I grab some black knobs as earrings and the black ring from the Lestrange vault. You could think I was a gothic, but I wasn't. I put on black eyeliner, a bit of dark green eyeshadow, mascara and bloodred lipstick. I finally see my shoes after 10 minutes searching.

This was a lot calmer way to leave for Hogwarts than when I stayed by the Weasleys.  I grab my trunk and wait for Warren to bring me away. Someone knocks on my door and I open the dark oak door.

There stands Mr Warren, who was the Auror responsible for this ward, and a young man I didn't recognise. "Hello Miss Lestrange, may I introduce you to my assistant for today: Liam Youth. He will escort you to Platform 9 3/4 with me," Mr Warren says, waving over to the man next to him. 

"He-hello Mi-Miss Lestrange," Liam stutters, giving me his hand to shake. His face is red from blushing so much. I smile at him and shake it. "Hello Mr Youth." "This is his first task, so he may be nervous. Just be patient with him for now, he is still in training," Warren says, walking off. We walk to a safe place to Apparate and Apparate to King's Cross.

Warren puts on a Glamour-charm again so I look like my old-Hermione. I kinda like the black curls though, but I still like my brown, wavy hair more. And I looked less dark with my lighter eyes. I soon spot the Weasleys and Harry and I ask Warren and Youth if I may talk with them.

"Of course Miss Lestrange, do what you want." "Can you stop calling me Miss Lestrange in the presence of anyone else?" "Of course, I guess you want to be called Miss Granger then?" "Yes." "Well, let's head towards those Weasleys then," Warren says enthusiastically.

"Mr Warren, is this a good idea? We have to protect her, don't we," Youth asks nervously, still blushing. "That doesn't mean she can't talk with anyone," Warren snaps at the younger man, walking off towards the Weasleys with us following him.

"Hermione, how nice to see you dear," Mrs Weasley shrieks while hugging me. "Hello Mrs Weasley, it's good to see you again! I really missed you this summer." "Yeah, why didn't you visit?" "I.. uhm.. was on vacation with my family," I say, trying to be confident.

"Have you received our present for your birthday?" "Yes and I am really happy with that scarf Mrs Weasley. I have packed it for in the winter days." "Glad you're happy with it. I wasn't sure to get you a scarf or a woolly hat, but Arthur thought you would like the scarf more."

"I would be happy with everything you get or make for me Mrs Weasley," I reply and I give her a kiss on her cheek. I hear Youth scraping with his foot on the ground. Warren irritates himself, I hear and notice. "Jeez Youth, don't act like that! Do you really think the Weasleys would do anything bad to her?"

"Of course not sir, of course not," Youth rattles with a sweaty face. I laugh and hold my trunk tighter. "Let's search for a compartment, okay?" "Yeah, sure," Harry replies with a slight smile. I knew why he didn't smile completely: Sirius died.

By the hand of my mother, I think. I could cry, but I didn't. It would be weird to just cry out of no where. Not soon after that we find a compartment Harry tells his suspicions of Draco Malfoy being a Death Eater. I tell him this is nonsense, but he doesn't seem to listen to me.

He leaves with some sort of excuse and he doesn't return. The train even arrives and he is nowhere to be found! "Ron, do you maybe know where Harry is," I ask him. He shrugs and we walk off the train.

"I am worried about him Ron," I sigh, standing on the platform with my eyes on the looking of my black haired male friend. "Don't worry so much, Hermione, he will come back," he says, stepping onto the carriage. I see Malfoy stepping into another carriage with a big smile on his pale face. Suspicious.. very suspicious..