Part Eight: Quidditch training with McGonagall

.Hermione's Quidditch Gear. Ignore the fact there stand "Potter 7" please, this was just the best picture I could find which didn't looked too photoshopped, so. Technically, there has to stand: "Granger 2".

Some weeks later McGonagall asks me to visit her office. When I arrive at her office I knock on the door. "Come in," McGonagall says. I open the door and walk in. She signs me to sit down and I do as she commands me to.

"Good day Miss Granger. As you may have noticed, there are now tryouts for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team." "Yes, I noticed. Ginny, Ron and Harry are all in the Quidditch team, or trying to get into it," I reply calmly. Where was this talk going?

"Well Miss Granger, then you may have noticed that there are not really very.. hum hum.. good people in the tryouts, so I want to ask you: do you want to give it a chance?"

That shocked me. I thought it was already clear I didn't like Quidditch? "But professor.. I'm terrible at Quidditch and I don't even like it!" "I don't think you are terrible, but that you have a lack of self-confidence. I want to help you training for the tryouts so you can attend the team and save House Gryffindor," she says.

I gasp. Did McGonagall just said she wanted to train with me? "Did you just say you wanted to train me for the Gryffindor Team?" "Yes, I did. You can use for now a school broom, but suddenly you'll need a better one. The best broom now is the Lightning Bolt, but that one is very expensive. You can also take a Nimbus 2001, they are now less expensive than in your second your," McGonagall says calmly.

"I have the money now for the Lightning Bolt, I think," I say. "Well, let's head towards the field then, shall we?" McGonagall gave me time to change into sportclothing. I put on long, thight, black sportpants and a grey tanktop with a black, soft sportjacket.

When I reach the trainingfield with one of the school brooms I see McGonagall in more sporty robes, holding a broom in her hand as well. "Well, I suppose you know how to sit on your broom," McGonagall asks with a smile and raised eyebrows.

I smile back and sit on the broom, flying up in the air. McGonagall does the same with her broom and we look at each other in the sky. "Now, we will throw the Quaffle over and back, alright Miss Granger?"

We throw the Quaffle to each other when I realise that I didn't know one thing. "What position will I take in the team if I'm capable?" "Chaser maybe, maybe Beater, what do you rather want?" "I rather want to be a Chaser, I think." "Good, good. I think you have potential for that, Miss Granger."

"Why do you believe so much in me professor?" "Because I see the capability in you, but just that lack of self-confidence that makes you not doing this. It irritates me, especially now we need good players to win the Quidditch Cup." I nod and fly away to catch the thrown Quaffle. 

"Good, really good. You move smooth through the air, airodynamic. Good, perfect! Your posture is perfect for this sport!" I smile and throw the Quaffle back with speed.  After a couple of hours of training with different parts of the 'Chaser'-position we stop and McGonagall seems very happy with the progress.

"I think you should buy the Lightning Bolt and try for a place in the team. I believe in you." "Thank you professor." "No problem child, no problem." I smile and walk back to the castle, leaving the broom in the broom cupboard of the school and walking to the Gryffindor Tower. 

Damn, now Harry, Ron and Ginny will see me in sportclothing and all sweaty. I think I'll head for the prefect's bathroom.. I use 'Accio' and some new clothes fly towards me. I will try for the Gryffindor Team, and if I don't do it for myself I will do it for Gryffindor, honour and above everything and everyone: professor McGonagall...