Part Twenty Five: Attack of Hogwarts

Draco was acting strange those months, like he was hiding something. The few times I got to talk with him, he was nervous and looked like he was sick. He even didn't want me to talk with him when he was hit with the 'Sectumsempra' curse by Harry, I was told that he was injured of Snape. I worried about him much. But Harry was gone with Dumbledore and told us to fight back the invading Death Eaters. My family, I sigh.

Everyone fights and my wand looks like it is a thing itself, with an own will. I see that my family deliberately doesn't hit on me, luckily. I knew how good they were in magic, I didn't want that against me.

Soon my mother runs up the stairs with Fenrir Greyback and brother and sister Carrow on their heels. What were they doing in Dumbledore's office? Not much later they run down again, now with Draco with them.

I want to run towards them but Ron holds me back. "Hermione, you can't go after them!" I want to walk to them but couldn't escape Ron's grasp. "HERMIONE," Bellatrix yells and she points at me. Severus, Draco, Bellatrix, Rodolphus and Rabastan point with their wands at Ron.

"Let. Her. Go," Severus hisses angrily. "Why would I," Ron asks confused. I grab my wand and silently take off the Glamourcharm. My black curls fall over my shoulders and on my back, a long black sweater which reaches my hips appears, with under that some black jeanshorts. My usual high black leather boots appear as well. Ron didn't seem to notice, as busy as he was with my family.

"STUPEFY," Bellatrix yells and Ron suddenly let go off me and flies against the wall. I run over to them and hug them. "I missed you all so much. What happened?" "Severus killed Dumbledore," father said and he strokes my hair. "Severus," I whisper, looking over my mothers shoulder at him. He nods and stays quiet. "We need to go honey. Come on," Rabastan remarks calmly, putting on my Glamourcharm once again.

We run outside when Harry catches up with us by Hagrid's shack. "FIGHT BACK YOU COWARD, FIGHT BACK," he yells at Snape and he tries to Stupefy him. He blocks the spell when Harry looks over Snape's shoulder to see me, with the arm of Bellatrix around me. He recognised me, I saw it in his green eyes.

"He.. Hermione? Why do you look like that? KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY FRIEND, LESTRANGE," Harry yells and he blocks a spell of Snape. "Harry... I'm so sorry," I say to him. Harry looks at me and, because of that, misses the spell Snape fires entirely.

Harry falls on the ground while Bellatrix grabs my hand. "We need to Apparate," she says calmly. But on that moment we look behind us to see the Order of the Phoenix and the Weasleys running up to us. They saw my contours, but not my face.

They didn't see who I really was, but they would hear the truth when Harry wakes up again, I think while my mother takes me into her Apparation. No turning back, I had chosen my side.

My side was with my family.