Part Twenty Three: Back to school

After the whole train trip I tried to search for Draco, but I couldn't find him anywhere. I missed talking to him. I didn't know, my friends were just so branded on knowing what had happened in my disappearing.

Somewhere logical, wasn't it? They probably worried about me so they wanted to know what happened. But they simply couldn't accept me not wanting to talk about it. 

While I walk to the Gryffindor Tower alone someone grabs me tightly around my wrist. That someone pulls me into a dark corner and stares into my eyes. "Hello cousin," Draco says with a grin on his pale lips.

"Hi cousin, why did you do this?" "I thought you should know that Greyback got tortured again. He is in the cellar of Malfoy Manor." "Wha-why," I exclaim a little loud. What did he do this time? Draco shushes me.

"Not so loud. After you were gone, father told me Voldemort was furious. That he tried to.. do something with you, I mean. He is very keen on keeping you safe from all harm." "But why? I'm just Hermione, I'm nothing special!"

He sniggers. "Oh really? A dead child who returns to life and has a prophecy above her which announces she is almighty and beautiful isn't special? Yeah, sure." "But still.. Greyback didn't do anything, did he?" "He tried to and that was against the Dark Lord's orders. That is a real crime under the Death Eaters Hermione, a very bad crime."

"O-Okay. Why didn't you search for me when we got on the train?" "That would be rather notable, wouldn't it? Me, Draco Malfoy, looking for a Mudblood Gryffindor I used to loathe since the first sight I lay on her." "Okay, I understand your point. But what now?"

"Just the same as always. By the way, do you know if your post is searched through?" "Yes, they don't. They didn't think the Death Eaters would mail me, they said." "Nice, so Bellatrix and Rodolphus can send you messages now. Amazing!"

"Are they.. on a mission?" "Yes, something to defeat the Order. Nothing much." "The Order are my friends Draco!" "One day you should choose sides, Hermione. You can't have us and them." "I know.. I just hope it isn't this year.."

Draco swallows. I didn't got the chance to ask him why he swallowed because Filch caught us. "You two, don't you dare make out in a corner! Otherwise I should alarm the professors," he says with an evil smirk. I quickly walk away towards to the Gryffindor Tower.

What was wrong with Draco? Why did he swallow like that after I said 'I just hope it isn't this year'.. what was wrong with that? Wait, maybe something will happen this year! I didn't trust this so I decide to go to sleep.

I hate the fact we have Potions, especially now Harry has that damned book. He was unbearable with that book. If he just put it away, but no, he walked around, proudly presenting his sudden knowledge of Potions. The next day I walk away after another awful double-hour of Potions through the corridors.

"May I have a little talk with you, Miss Lestrange," a soft voice behind me said. I turn around to face..