Part Seven: Arrive at Hogwarts

.Hermione's Gryffindor Uniform.

I try to shake my suspicions of Draco Malfoy off and walk into the Great Hall with Ron. Disgusting, how that boy eats. He could eat with pigs and no one would see the difference. "You stupid git! Your best friend is missing and you just eat like nothing is going on," I scowl, while slapping him with my book.

"He's not missing, look behind you," he snaps. I look behind me and see Harry walking in, holding a handkerchief to his bleeding nose. "Harry, what happened with you?" "Malfoy happened. He kicked my nose, but Luna fixed it."

" Oh, so that is the reason why Malfoy looked so happy when he stepped off the train," I sigh. I decide to eat and talk with my friends, maybe that was the reason why I missed Malfoy and Snape going somewhere private...

Indeed, Snape took Draco Malfoy into an empty corridor. Snape really wanted to know something from him..

"Is it true? What your mother thought, I mean," I ask, looking questioning at Draco. "What do you mean," Draco asks disinterested. "That Rodolphus and Bellatrix' daughter has been spotted?" "Why would you care Snape?"

"Because Hermione Lestrange was.. is my goddaughter, maybe you know that." "No, I didn't. I can't believe it that my dead cousin has the same name as that foolish filthy Mudblood-friend of Potty and Weasel."

"Seriously Draco, that is were you think of now? By the way, your mother thought your 'death cousin' may lives." "She thinks it, but it isn't confirmed, is it?" "Draco.. what did your mother see at Gringrotts?" "Well, those goblins told her what she looked like and mother said some money and a ring was missing from the Lestrange vault," he replies, not sounding really interested in the matter.

"Draco, don't you want to have your cousin alive or something?" "I don't know how it is to have a cousin, so I don't really care no." "Go back to your friends now, I won't get anything useful out of you, I see," I sigh.

Stupid child, he didn't know what this meant. He doesn't know anything! I stamp off to my office and grab my quill, a piece of parchment and my ink pot. After writing a curt, short letter I whistle a tune, the tune the owls recognise as a professor having a task for them.

One of the school owls flies in and I attach the letter to its leg. "Go on. I want to receive something from you soon," I command before sending it off. I guess I have to wait for a reaction then.

I walk to the Slytherin common room and see the students of the House, all chilling, talking or studying. All children of Voldemort-supporters or Death Eaters, or otherwise symphatizers of Voldemort's ideas. All having the same thoughts as their parents. Naive.

"Students, I command you to go to sleep before 10 p.m., if not you'll get one month worth of detention in my lab, good night," I say, walking out again. I was restless, probably by the news. Hermione Lestrange was my goddaughter and now there was a relative chance that she lives. 

For some reason I keep thinking by the name 'Hermione Lestrange' at 'Hermione Granger'. But no, those two cases couldn't be related. I hope Slytherin will do good this year. Maybe winning the Quidditch cup or the House cup. I try to stay thinking about positive things when I go to sleep.