Part Eleven: Christmas break

Luckily I could still stay at the Quidditch Team and we won our first match from Ravenclaw, but now it is Christmas break

I sit in my appartment, drinking a cup of tea when someone knocks at my door. I stand up, throw the Daily Prophet that I was reading on the coffee table and open the door to see Mrs Ramsay, all dressed up in outerwear.

"Hello Mrs Ramsay, can I help you?" "My darling, today we go with the whole ward to Diagon Alley, do you want to come with us?" "Really, the whole ward? Ye.. yes, let me put on some appropiate outside-clothing."

I run to my bedroom and Transfigure my clothing to a white and dark prink dress with a corset and some small, red/pink shoes with tiny heels. I put on a cape in matching colours and walk out. Everyone has something to hide their hair or something like that. Well, everyone was here for a reason...

We had a large group of people who protected us while we walk through the streets of Diagon Alley, but the citizens from the ward looked like they didn't care. I, though, felt a little uncomfortable. "It is the only time we can go out, so we take this guarding for love, my dear. Maybe you will understand one day," Mrs Stunning says, part of the old couple that lived in the appartment opposite mine.

"I surely do understand, I just feel so.. uncomfortable now," I reply, playing with my black ring. I always wore it and I still didn't know why. I mean, I had no emotional relationship towards my parents, so why would I care so much for something that actually belongs to them? I guess that is something weird of having a family on distance.

I didn't have a long time to think because a happy Mrs Ramsay drags me to Flourish and Blotts. "Look, 'Muggle Fairytales, bound by Mary Mallory', isn't that a nice book for you, my dear?" "Yes Granger, isn't that a nice book for a filthy little Mudblood," a cold voice asks behind us.

We both turn around and see there a small group of teens: Draco Malfoy with his guards Crabbe and Goyle behind him and his friends Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott at his sides. "Why do you speak such vile words, my boy? Especially when it isn't right, or are you Muggle-born Hermione? No, you aren't so he needs to shut his mouth."

"MRS RAMSAY," I exclaim loudly, pinching her arm. The boys just stare with their jaws on the floor. "Did she just said you aren't a Mudblood Granger? What is this for nonsense, your parents are Muggles, which makes you a Mudblood. Do I have to spell it out loud," Malfoy sneers.

"Malfoy, leave us alone," I say while dragging Mrs Ramsay out. But Malfoy didn't let me get away so soon. He grabs my upper arm so I couldn't walk further. Mrs Ramsay walks quickly off and I see her searching for someone through the mass of people in my eye corner. Probably the guards escording us.

"Malfoy, let me go," I yell at him, punching him against his chest with my fists. His friends Crabbe and Zabini hold my upper arms and he walks off with us behind him. Malfoy looks around as to make sure no one sees us, and he walks into a street with a dead end. It was very dark and I swallow.

"Malfoy, please," I beg. Maybe begging would stroke his arrogance? I mean, he is still a Malfoy. "Listen, Mudblood, I don't know what for games you're playing, but you have guards around you all the time and now you hang around with old ladies who you don't even know!" 

"How would you know I don't know her?" "I JUST DO MUDBLOOD," he yels in anger. He pulls up his left sleeve and I swallow, trying not to yell and scream. I guess Harry was right: Draco Malfoy was indeed a Death-Eater.

"Nice, isn't it? Now, answer me. Why do you have guards?" He looks angrily at me and grabs my throat, stroking it softly. I try to kick him off, which only makes him tighten his grip around my throat.

I look him in the eyes and suddenly, he moves backwards. I stroke my painful throat when I see my hands were paler. Paler, how? I suddenly realise something and grab my hair. It was black and curly. "Why do you look exactly like my aunt," Draco asks, scared.

"MISS GRANGER, DUCK," an Auror yells. I duck and I see the boys getting Stunned. One of the Aurors takes me away. "God, we were just on time," Warren mumbles. He does his Glamour-charm again and I look like my old Hermione.

But what was a shame, was that they didn't Obliviate the boys after that...

Author's Note: When you nearly die, like when you're nearly suffocated, your Glamour-Charm is taken off, which is why Hermione's Charm stopped when Draco grabbed her throat.