[ 04 ]

[ HEY LITTLE FLOWER, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? ]

• • •

M I L L I E

• • •

If there was one thing Millie Bobby Brown loved more than anything, it would be dandelions. Thousands of them. There was always something pretty about these tiny beaded flowers, with their widespread perennial weed, leaves growing out from the base and vibrant, composite yellow petals, poking out wildly.

When she was assigned to search about dandelions for her Earth Science class, she was more than happy to oblige.

She knows much about them, since her mother planted many in their backyard. At times, Millie would pluck some of them and hide them in her collective album which she would cherish forever in her lifetime.

She frowned sullenly, remembering she had completely forgotten to bring it with her, leaving the old album untouched in her now empty room. Knowing her mother, she'd probably snoop around, finding the album and dandelions that weren't meant to be touched. She sighed heavily, making a compromise to herself quietly, that she would prepare for the worse if her mother ever brought it up.

Millie was now heading out of her dorm, wearing her new academy uniform that she had gotten last Wednesday, like Eva had said. Her uniform was a bit too- cramped, her plaid skirt squeezing around her lower waist, sweater vest too loose as it covered her white collar shirt and knee socks long and outrageously itchy. Each side of her luscious brown hair was twisted into braids and tautly tied in the back. She frowned to herself, wishing she read through the St. Flintridge application carefully. She remembered how unhappy she was, she loved her hometown dearly and leaving it tore a piece of her. Her mother was just so giddy when Millie got enrolled and seeing her that way made her heart warm, knowing her mother was proud of her and she wasn't going to ruin to her happiness.

Sadie had left right after breakfast in the dining hall, explaining to Millie that she had to go to debate club to ruin the "fuckers" who were the opposing team. That made Millie smile. She's been living with Sadie for the past week and it's been "livin la vida loca" since. Millie didn't mind it though. Sadie was easy to be around and talk to. She's called Charlie and mentioned her name twice and Charlie seemed to be pleased about it.

She hasn't told Charlie about the mysterious boy though. It's even weird that she still remembered his name as it echoed in her head. Finn. It's been about three days since they've last spoken or was it even talking? It was more like yelling for Millie's part. Just from his stupid, flirty move it made Millie seem to dislike him more.

She thought of the conversations she's had between with Sadie and aha! Sadie has mentioned about the freckled boy.

"Bad news dude, bad news."

Sadie's words echoed in Millie's head countlessly. What had she really meant by bad news?

• • •

The library was absolutely gigantic.

It looked just like the libraries in England, thousands of books everywhere, stacked perfectly in place in the high, wooden shelves, honed carefully on each side.

There were many students in the utterly quiet area, but not as much.

Five tables were in a perfectly straight line in the middle, with pupils sitting in some of the seats, while most were standing, wondering around each aisle, searching for books and opening them, for new adventures to discover.