[ 05 ]

[ HOW DID I GET HERE? ]

• • •

F I N N

• • •

"It's sad, but it's true,

How society says her life is already over,

Nothing to do there, and nothing to say.."

-

The tunes of music hummed quietly in the small gap of Finn's ears.

He laid on his bed, guitar in his lap as he drummed lazily with the tips of his fingers. He was alone in the quiet space of the flat, the only noise was the tone of music, buzzing in his earbuds, that were stuck to his phone. He rested his head against the hardened wall as he closed his eyes. He was exhausted and sleepy. His phone buzzed countless, but Finn ignored, clicking 'Decline' every time.

It's not like he cared though, nor would he answer the numerous calls, but the word 'Caleb' appeared on the screen of his phone.

He bit his lip tentatively, his thumb hovering over the light green bubble icon, 'Answer' . He knew Caleb was probably asking him to join him to some shitty party to crash. But, why would he had asked?

It was Friday. Considerably meaning, where fellow pupils get-drunk-and-loose-their-shit. A time to get, high, drunk and hook up. It was haphazardly a catastrophic mess. Finn often would go their to get high mainly, to forget about the shit that happens to him everyday. It was a way, of relaxing, a calm peaceful area where he feels like he belongs. Most of the time, he doesn't really, but he ignores it. Pushing all of the negative shit kept him with an open, gallant mind. It was better for him that way.

He grabbed a cigar from the silver ash tray that laid on his wooden stool, as he brought the cylinder-shaped figure to his lips. Bits of crippled weed fell into the holes of his guitar.

"Dammit," he muttered with a stifled groan. He turned his guitar upside down, shaking it frantically, hoping some would trickle out.

Nonetheless, he sighed heavily, placing the musical object on the floor as there was no hopes for the crippled pieces to fall.

He continues the soft-sounded music as he laid properly on his back now, head resting on his rough pillows.

How did I get here?

How did I get here?

His eyes fluttered close, the lyrics filling up his lonely mind, echoing for a lifetime.

• • •

The area of the party was somewhat small for the crowd.

It was a hidden room in St. Flintridge, a room where pupils would hide beer, cigars and more.

It was funny to Finn, how no authority bothered to come down there to check the shit that was hidden. It wasn't surprising though. The school system was utterly stupid and way out of line.

But, the good thing was, most of the staff had went off to their families, so students took the time to take full advantage of the half empty school.

The music was blasted, not as loud, teens dancing, disgusting couples making out in the corner. Downright stupid.

The whole world suddenly stopped as his eyes crossed to Millie, who's hands were tangled with Sadie's, being dragged across the room.