[ 10 - 2/3 ]

[ THE YULE FESTIVALS. ]

• • •

M I L L I E

• • •

Millie flattened her dress several times before Sadie started groaning.

"You look fine Millie," Sadie reassured, swatting Millie's hand away that was reaching for her flower crown once again.

"You sure?" She was pouting. This was her first ever real ball that she had ever attended and she was more than ready. Excited and scared all at the same time.

She fiddled with the small white belt around her hips, somewhat matching with her light lavender dress and white flower crown.

"Postitive!"

Millie deliberately grinned with her answer, looking back at the reflected glass. She remembered her mother giving her the dress, smiling wide and ecstatic. Millie frowned at the thought, her mother wanting to meet with her high expectations, making her proud.

Suddenly, she felt irritated. Infuriated. As if she wanted to rip the piece of cloth off, just to prove a point to her invisible mother. Two can play that game.

Then, she felt two warm hands trickling to her waist, squeezing tightly. Millie yelped with surprised as she turned her head to the side, to catch a glimpse of Sadie grinning.

"Chill britain, you're working yourself up, the ball is suppose to be fun."

Millie gave her a weak smile, looking back at the mirror. "Have you ever attended the ball?"

"Well I attended for first year but I didn't want to go this year."

Millie suddenly furrowed her brows as she shrugged off Sadie's hands on her waist. She turned around facing the redheaded girl.

"Why?"

It was quiet for a moment with Sadie looking down at the ground, fiddling with her fingers anxiously.

"Uh, complications."

"Complications? Like what?"

"I'll tell you- later. Not right now okay?" Sadie looked up with pleading eyes, meaning she wanted Millie to drop the topic. For once, Millie could really see the blue in her eyes. Crystal clear mixed with the color of the ocean, splashing the waves.

Right on time, they both finally heard a knock on the, Sadie grinning from ear to ear.

"That must be Caleb."

Millie shot a raise of eyebrows, smirking teasingly.

"When did he ask you to the dance?"

"Last minute, yesterday."

Sadie quickly grabbed her purse, then checked herself in the mirror before heading to the door to open.

In fact, it was not Caleb who appeared; it was Isak.

He smiled, waving a silent 'hello' to Sadie awkwardly as he bounced lightly on his feet.

"What do you want curls?" she deadpanned, frowning wider as she looked him up and down.

"Is Millie in there?" His soft cheeks suddenly turned pink, clenching onto his fingernails gently.

Sadie quirked a questioning brow as Millie slithered through the small space of the wooden door.