Chapter 13 - James

I grab two cups of coffee and head back to the conference room. Jason Stills and his agent are already here but where on earth is Miss Lewis? Didn't she say she'd be here? I place the cups in front of the men and sit down on the opposite end of the table.

"Thank you for coming," I tell them, checking my phone one last time for any possible message from Miss Lewis.

Nothing. She's letting me down.

"Well, usually, my assistant prepares the contracts but since she is sick today, why don't we go over the contract together and we can go from there."

Stills and his agent look at each other, then nod.

"My client is supposed to play at the Hunter's Gallery event, is that correct?" the agent asks.

"Yes," I confirm. "It will take place in Cedar Bay Park on Christmas Eve, 7 o' clock. There will be a lot of exposure for your client since the local newspaper has already confirmed their participation, as well as some high-ranking politicians like Senator Garber. This is great publicity and, of course, great pay."

Stills grins. He is a good-looking guy in his late twenties, rather tall with long, dark blonde hair and slim stature. His last concert was reviewed in the paper not too long ago, the journalist labeling him a heartthrob. Yeah, I guess he would be. My 14 year old cousin would definitely agree, she has a big crush on him.

"Sounds perfect. But why so late? Jeez, it's Christmas Eve and people might want to be at home with their families, preparing for Christmas Day and stuff. Not that I .... "

Suddenly his grin is gone and he points to something behind me, something behind the glass wall. "Is that your assistant?"

Confused, I turn around. There, bent over her desk, presenting her profile to us while sorting some documents, is Miss Lewis.

Oh boy. I mean ... Good Lord! She wears her shiny hair in a bun, making her big eyes stand out even more. Her very close-fitting, black skirt falls just below her knees, nothing provocative here, apart from the fact that she has an enticingly nice ass. A slit on the side, though, reveals a little more of her long legs than I would consider work-appropriate. And her blouse! It is baby blue, and everyone here can tell she is extremely well endowed. Jesus!

"Yes," I mutter, still staring at that stunning sight before me. I can't take my eyes off her. What the fuck happened to her normal wardrobe? "Yes. That would be her."

"Man." Stills whistles approvingly. "I can see why you hired her. Man, she's hot."

I finally am able to turn back to face him.

"With all due respect, I didn't hire her for her looks. She is a very competent assistant."

Stills grin turns sly. "Oh, I bet she is." Innuendo practically drips onto the conference table.

Before I can set him straight, Miss Lewis enters the room, a folder in her hand.

"Good morning," she smiles sweetly. "I'm sorry I'm late but the printer didn't work so I had to wait for the technician to fix it."

"No problem," I assure her, still not believing what I see here.

With her black high heels she slowly walks to the chair next to me. Does she realize that those men are ogling her?

As she sits down, I try to focus on work again.

"Is that the contract?" I point to the folder she placed on the table.

"Yes," she says with a smile that sends chills down my spine.

I swallow hard. "Please, hand it out then."