Confrontation

:Gavin

The principal took me into her office and closed the door.

"Gavin, this is not like you, AND it's close to Halloween, only a month and some AFTER school had started! What's going on?", she sighed.

"I....cacan't, tell you" I stuttered, it'd only make it worse. I was also thinking about how I was not going to celebrate Halloween, so that didn't matter anyway.

"Well, I know it probably had something to do with those shiners. Well if you can't tell me, I'll have to call your dad." She stated

"Go ahead, do it. If he doesn't answer because he's wasted on vodka again, don't say I didn't tell you so" I spat, instantly regretting the words slipping out of my mouth. I blushed and stood up violently then pivoted and walked out the door, heading back to art. I pushed the door inward just as the bell rang. My eyes were sunk and I was starting to think darkly.

"We've learned enough about how to paint so today we are going to actually do it!" Mr. Hefferson announced as I plopped into a chair next to Tara. I felt my sadness radiating from within me. I could feel Tarra's eyes on the back of my head and it made me feel uncomfortable. My thoughts were interrupted yet again by the teacher.

"Find a canvas, and you will be sharing your paint with an elbow buddy," he said cheerily. We all stood up and made our way to a canvas. Mr.Hefferson came over to me and whispered
"It's okay if your paintings are a little off, I know it might be hard to see" then he turned and announced to the class

"Today we'll be painting a cougar, any color you like, you will be graded on effort and quality. Now get to work!" He said walking away from me.

"What happened?" a female voice said to the left of me. It was Tarra, one of my acquaintances. I looked away, the flashbacks of getting beaten up, slapped and hurting Tim, washed through my head over and over again. I didn't know if I even felt bad, which scared me.
I tried to push the thoughts to the back of my brain and focus on the word relax. Yes finally, the one class I can chill in, I thought, trying to be positive. Without a glance, I reached over to the shared table to grab my paintbrush and was met with the warm skin of another. I looked over, and it was Alex. Our eyes locked, and I was blushing. I forgot that this was the class with him. After what seemed like forever, he removed his hand and left the class.

"Where are you?...." Mr. Hefferson questioned as the door slammed. I quickly ran outside the paint-fumed room and grabbed his arm, I didn't know what I was doing or why I couldn't just leave him, my brain was scattered and all my dark thoughts lost, thankfully in the chaos.

"I'm s-sorry, I just..." he stuttered as I
grabbed his chiseled chin, my face close to his. I smiled,

"Don't worry about it," I said, letting go and heading back to class.