When It All Goes Down

One month later.... December 1st... two weeks before prom.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I came to school, proud that I had my new prosthetic eye, but very self-conscience even though I still kept Alex's eye patch he gave to me.

I was heading to first period when Alex snuck up behind me a scared me. He was now in crutches (probably the closest to walking he'll become) but he still reached his hands to my shoulders and said "boo"!

"Really Alex?"

"Anything for you, boo. Anyways meet me in the art room at lunch, bring nobody" he said cryptically.

"What are you going to kidnap me or something?" I said poking his arm.

"You'll just have to wait and see." Then Alex left crutching down the hall. I wanted to kiss him, but he still wasn't ready to come out to the school yet, for him though I was willing to wait.

"Hey!" A voice said in front of me. I swung my head around to Tarra.
"Friends?" She said.

"Oooooook?" Then she gave me a hug and shouted "Yay!!!!" And then left just like Alex, this day is getting weirder and weirder, I thought.

Lunch came around and I headed up to the art room like Alex said. It was empty and dim. I pushed the door open and stepped inside. I spotted him in front of a covered canvas. I stepped in front of it, he put a finger to his mouth another was behind his back. He uncovered the canvas to display two amazingly drawn hands overlapping above paintbrushes, one small hand (mine) and his muscular one. He lifted the page to the hospital kiss, then declared that we were dating in the middle of the street. All were drawn with great precision and effort, I started to get emotional. Then he lifted another to a portrait of me, he got my nose, hair, small body, everything about me right. Then a paper underneath in bold red and purple said "Will you go to prom with me?" His hand came from behind his back with flowers and lindór chocolate. I gave him a big hug crutches and all and nodded yes, he lifted my head and kissed me, with a lot of emotion and love. I kissed him with even more to show he was who I wanted and although I haven't said it yet, I loved him.
His heart was beating wildly, I pulled away from Alex, resting my hands on his slamming heart.

"Were you afraid I was gonna say no?"

"No" he replied, blushing deeply.

"You're a horrible liar, baby." He shivered at the word.
"You like to be called baby?" I asked. He shook his head embarrassed.
"Baby?" I asked, leaning so our chests touched.

"Just shut up and kiss me, Gavin!" Alex commanded. My lips were a centimeter from his, he looked flushed and slightly angry at me teasing him so much. He snapped and smashed my lips against his, hungrily. After a while, I pulled away, there were only a couple of minutes until the bell rang. Alex groaned, I looked at him, studying his face noticing his small dimples, tidy eyebrows, large eyes, I thought my heart kept murmuring. "C'mon G, time to get to class," he said, and guided me to my class where people kept asking who I got the flowers and chocolate from. I was flustered but felt amazing!