Catch Me

Gavin's p.o.v.

My feet echoed across the hospital tiles as I ran to my dad's ward. Törin, Jamie, and Alex were still behind me. I linked my hand with Alex's when we stopped in front of the door. I didn't even know I was doing it until it was too late. I ran over to his bed, tenderly placing my other hand on his. His mouth was covered in blood. Since he wasn't and couldn't be on the transplant list, he was going to die. His face and eyes were yellow, he looked weak and meek. A shell of the man he used to be. Dad opened his eyes and looked at me in horror. I would never forget what he did next. He used the last of his strength to slap me as hard as he could and whispered,

"You are not my son." Then the monitors started blaring an alarm and his body went limp. I looked at Alex, tears spilling down my face. I released his hand from mine.

"I can't, I can't," I whispered, backing away. That was my breaking point I fled the room and headed towards somewhere that would take all my pain away.

Alex's p.o.v

The nurses shooed me out to where I saw Jamie and Törin with sympathy eyes.

"Where'd he go?"

"He was running that way." They pointed to the stairs that led to the helipad. I sprinted as fast as I could up the stairs, which were slow with crutches. The dream was becoming a reality and I knew it. I pushed the doors open with a loud bang.

Gavin was at the edge of the building, looking towards the ground that was far below.

"Gavin?" I said nervously, tears springing to my eyes.

"What do you want?!" He wailed.

"You hate me now and I get it, but I can't lose you, you're all I have!!" I yelled inching closer. "I am so sorry your dad is gone and I am so sorry for what he did but being who you are is not a crime. You are such a wonderful person and it does not matter that you like the same sex and if your father cannot accept you... then I hope karma finds its way to him wherever he is now. Gavin, do not let him win. Do not let him bully you into being what he wanted you to be, be better! Be you! and I hope you be you with me."

I was now just a foot away from his back. He turned to me, then his foot slipped.

I caught him in my arms, pulling him close to my heart. I stepped back so we were away from the edge. I cried into his shaking shoulder.

"Don't ever do that again! I love you more than anything in this world. I wouldn't be able to live without you either. You are my world. You make me happy to wake up and desperate to go to sleep so I can see your beautiful smile again."
Gavin hugged me tighter. He didn't say anything even as I told Törin and Jamie I was taking him to my new home. We arrived at Suzy's house pretty late. I gave her a brief explanation of what happened, leaving out some parts. She took our crowns to put in a safe space while I took my boyfriend to my new room. I gingerly sat him down on my bed, he didn't move a muscle. Gavin just stared out the window as if it were a crystal ball and it was reading his future. I kneeled down between his knees and put my hands on them.

"Look at me baby, look at me. Please." I begged. His forlorn eyes met mine.
"Talk to me, say something, do something."

Gavin slid down to my lap, wrapped his arms around me, and cried. I rubbed his back in soothing circles.

"You're okay, it's gonna be okay," I repeated quietly.

Eventually, he cried himself to sleep. I was happy to sit on the floor all night for him, even though it was really uncomfortable. I also didn't have much of a choice he was quite heavy for his size. Luckily Suzy came in about an hour later.

"Do you need help putting him on the bed hun?"

"Yes please." She picked him up and tucked him under the covers with ease. He was also pretty small so a lot of people could probably do that, plus she looked strong. 

"I'll leave you two alone, you both have had a long night."

"Thank you, Suzy, I really appreciate it." She smiled at me, continuing to leave the room. I crawled under the covers behind Gavin, cuddling him in my arms. I felt his small body inch closer to me until there was no space between us.

"I love you, Gavin, I love you so much."

An: I will be working on the epilogue so hold on to your hats mates cause here we go...