Epilogue

Gavin
Thinking back a year ago I never thought I'd be here. Chilling at the beach with all my friends and boyfriend. Alex and I have had our fights, we even broke up once for a few months, but we realized we were soul mates. His legs were still bad even after some surgeries, but he had special equipment attached to his legs where he could run, swim, etc. Alex's mom had paid for all of us to go to the Bahamas and I was so glad for this big family I had acquired. I smiled into Alex's strong chest as I watched fiance's Törin and Jamie splash each other in the crisp blue water. The wives Diamond and Tarra were asleep on a blanket together.

"Hey Gavy, let's go in the water." My beautiful boy told me. I sprinted to the water so I could get there first. The microscopic flecks of sand washed away from the creases in my toes the warm waves splashed upon the shores distracting me from my incoming boyfriend who tackled me.

Later that night we snuck back onto the beach with pitchers of steaming hot coffee.

"So Alex, we have an announcement you might really enjoy......Jamie and I will be adopting Liz!" Törin shouted.
I could feel Alex's hand tighten and then he started crying.

"Thank you, thank you so much!" He sobbed.

"Awww." The girls cooed. "Okay, now that that announcement has been announced, Gavin put on this blindfold," Tarra commanded.
I looked at the blindfold that had Twinkies all over it. I knew what that meant and it was totally not true.

"Where are you taking me?" I commanded. "My coffee is going to go cold!" I heard nothing but giggles as I was pulled into a random direction. Something delicious invaded my nostrils, it was like a warm hug but in a scent form, kind of like a pumpkin spice latte. Gentle music was playing while the crashing sounds of the sea faded into the background. 

The blindfold was removed, giving me the perfect view of the most wonderful thing anyone had ever done for me. Pictures of Alex and I littered the sand, some really funny ones that brought a huge smile to my face and some cute ones that made me cherish him even more. Little "I love you" messages were drawn in various places and sizes alongside the pictures. Rose petals made a pathway which was lit by a great many tiki torches. At the peak of the path stood the one and only man who could still make my heart like the first day I met him. He was lavishly dressed in a visibly expensive tuxedo and he adorned a flower in his suit pocket. I beamed at him and he beamed at me, making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 

I slowly walked up the path, being careful to examine all of the memories. 

"How was your trip down memory lane?" Alex whispered.

"It was truly wonderful."

"No, you are truly wonderful. You have stayed by me through thick and thin. You support me every day and in every way. Even when we were broken up you would check on me to make sure I was okay so frequently that I knew you were the one. Not one other person in this planet of seven billion people could make me feel the way that you make me feel." Alex monologued, with misty eyes. "You give me a reason to get up every morning and not just live but to thrive. I would love you if we were rich, I would love you if we were poor, I would love you if we both lived seven million miles away. Don't you ever forget how much I love you because you mean the world to me," Alex then bent down on one knee. I peaked up to try and stop the tears that were threatening to flow down my cheeks. Negating that fact, Alex gently pulled my chin down to face him.

"With all that in mind Gavin, love of my life, soul mate, and best friend... will you marry me?"

I peered around at all our friends waiting by the torches in anticipation to my answer. I thought about how far we both had come together and all of the obstacles we had overcome just to be in this position. I would not change a damn thing because me being here right now was the best place I could be. Which is why I promptly and simply said,

"Yes."