Part 11; contentment

"Hurry up Molly, we're going to miss the train!" I heard from outside of my bedroom door. I nodded to myself, remembering that my mother couldn't actually see through the door as I rushed around to check that I hadn't left anything lying around before I fled to grab the last minute train. Picking up a t-shirt off the floor and screwing it into a ball before flinging it into the pink suitcase, I briefly checked under the bed and smiled as it appeared that I hadn't left anything lying about for the cleaner to find after I'd gone.

"Just coming, mum!" I called, zipping the suitcase up in a hurry as I flung my other bag over my shoulder. The door suddenly swung open and my mum stood with her arm outstretched on the handle.

"Alright, love. Hurry up." she smiled, pulling her bag up off the floor as she began strolling down the empty hallway.

As I made my way out of the hotel room and checked behind me one last time for anything I may have forgotten, I smiled warmly as I caught sight of my friends that were all stood in a long line behind their suitcases. The One Direction boys had probably left really early this morning to avoid a huge group of fans, but it would be inevitable that there'd still be loads of them waiting eagerly outside; it was upsetting when girls travelled for miles only to be diasppointed that their idols were not actually here. We all hated letting them down, but many of them were happy to meet us, anyway.

"You alright?" Sarah chimed, grabbing at her suitcase as the other girls mirrored her actions.

"Yeah, I'm good thanks. You?"

"I've been better." Sarah laughed, shooting a glance over to Becky and the other girls who also had the same strange looks on their faces.

I paused for a second before starting down the hallway with my huge suitcase in tow. The other girls all followed, but held back slighty as I appeared to be leading the group through the hotel.

"Why, what's up?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I had that crazy girl Kate banging on my door in the middle of the night last night." Sarah began as we approached the lift. Bella shoved her finger onto the button, and we awaited the arrival of the lift. As the automatic doors opened, we all jumped in quickly and pressed the lit red button for the ground floor.

"I did too." Abie declared.

"And me." the other girls stated all in unison with one another. Each of them shot me a glance, and I couldn't help feel my eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"What did she want?"

"She wanted to know where Harry was or something." Abie confirmed briefly.

"Yep, that's why she started barracading my door down as well, apparently." Chelsea mumbled, looking pretty tired. Deep purple circles outlined her usual sparkling blue eyes.

"Oh." was all I said as we made our way through the lobby in order to meet my parents. My mum was currently stood at the reception desk checking each of us out and handing back all the door keys before we made our way back home. Fortunately, we all got tomorrow off because we wouldn't be home until late, due to the fact that it was now 9.30pm and we wouldn't be home for at least a few hours. As tomorrow was Friday, we had the whole weekend before any of us made our way back to school and college. I intended to use that time in order to revise for my upcoming A Level exams, although I knew full well that I'd probably end up on Twitter or something instead.

"Thanks for staying with us! Have a safe journey home." the young, red haired girl behind the desk chirped. We all smiled at her and thanked her, before heading through the automatic doors and getting in a taxi. I ended up in the back of a back cab with my mum, Becky and Chelsea, whereas the other girls piled into the cab behind us. Like the mature people we were, we instantly began making faces at the girls in the other taxi in order to pass the time. We had to make it to the train station in under half an hour in order to catch the next train back home.

***

Hey guys! So sorry that I haven't updated in ages; I've been so busy revising & stuff as I have loads of upcoming exams, but I will try to update as often as I can... Thanks for being so understanding, and don't forget to let me know of what you think. Sorry this chapter isn't up to much, I just really wanted to upload something :L xxxxx