Part 18; bliss

It had been half an hour since Harry had slung me over his shoulder and had taken us both upstairs, but despite this, neither of us had said a word since it happened. We both knew what the other person was thinking; we knew that we hadn’t made a mistake, even though if anyone ever found out about this Kate would probably scratch my eyes out. Actually, scrap that, she’d probably thump me around the back of the head with a piece of metal.

Harry’s arm was secured around my waist, and he was using his thumb to stroke the exposed skin on my lower back. We were tucked up underneath the covers, even though Harry’s chest was showing and every once in a while I erupted into laugher at the sight of his ‘four nipples’ as my eyes wandered around his bedroom. The bed was warm, and felt like home; it was inevitable that things would turn out like this, as Harry and I had known each other all our lives. Our parents had been best friends since way before we were born, and had always been neighbours. Ever since we were children, our parents had been waiting for something to happen between us, and now it had.

Even though I never really thought that this was what our friendship would amount to, I knew deep down that it was bound to happen at one point; the amount of times over the past few weeks that Harry and I had found our lips pressed together was a clear indication of what was about to happen in only a matter of days.

Butterflies were lightly fluttering around in my stomach, also making me chuckle every once in a while as they were a constant reminder of how much I was glad that Harry was back from America and was able to spend this time at home with me and our other friends. Harry would look at me as if I was completely mad, but his face broke out into a smile every time we made eye contact, which caused the butterflies to become a lot more agressive to the point where I wanted to be sick.

Harry shifted around a little, bringing his arm out from around my waist. Moving so that he was now resting on his side, he pulled the thick duvet so that it was just above his shoulders and nestled me under with him so that we were making eye contact.  He blew his breath across my face and smiled sheepishly, which sent me back to when we’d been in London auditioning for The X Factor, as I hadn’t seen this side of him for a long time now.

“Molly, I need to tell you something,” Harry declared, placing his head against the pillow so that his loose curls were out of his eyes instead of them being stuck to his forehead in a damp mess.

I nodded, my stomach tensing up as I imagined him telling me that what we had just done was a huge mistake and that he wanted me to leave. I suddenly loathed myself for allowing him to use me again and braced myself for what I thought would be rejection that was about to come out of his mouth. Instead, I was surprised to hear the news that would cause me to almost hit the roof with joy.

“I’m not going to be seeing Kate anymore... we’ve broken up."

I couldn’t stop the grin that was now beginning to spread across my face, which caused Harry to laugh as he knew how much I genuinely despised her.

“And why’s that?” I questioned, wanting the full details. I had visions of her completely breaking down in the middle of the street and causing a huge scene in front of crowds of people, which made me chuckle a little as a picture of Harry’s reaction to this conjured up in my mind. My thought bubbles were soon popped as Harry began waving his hand in front of my face to bring me back to reality, which also made me laugh quite a bit.

Pushing his hand underneath his pillow and the other one above his head so that he was playing with his curls, Harry turned onto his back and exhaled.

“She admitted that she forced her way into yours and the boys’ girlfriends rooms when we were staying at the hotel in London.”

My mouth formed a huge ‘O’ shape as Harry began reeling off the information as to how she’d come to admit what happened and why exactly she felt the need to tell him after all this time; it’d been at least two months since the Brit Awards and neither the girls nor Harry or the boys had given it a second thought since they’d won the award.

“So yeah... I guess I didn’t like the way she was treating you. I feel kinda stupid for believing her over you anyway, I should’ve known she was jealous,” Harry admitted, his teeth gripping his bottom lip as his memory probably shot back to our argument after the Brits.

I pulled my arms up from underneath the duvet and snuggled into Harry’s chest, feeling warm as soon as I got close to him as there was a lot of heat radiating from his being. I began fiddling with the necklace that was lying on his chest and I looked at his tanned skin and avoided tracing my eyes over his toned stomach in fear of becoming distracted.

“Look, you weren’t to know that she was some complete psycho,” I soothed him, trying not to laugh as my words seemed more like a bit of a joke than a way to console a person. “It’s just that she seemed pretty nice before she snapped... some people are just like that.”

Harry stopped biting his lips, his eyes softening as I spoke.

“I suppose you’re right,”

“When am I ever wrong?”

Harry rolled his eyes and sat up against the headboard his back against the mahogany and his head resting his head on the wood as I wrapped my arms around his torso and placed my head on his chest.

It was quiet as we both thought about Kate and what was about to happen next; neither of us had seen her for a few weeks now, and it was becoming to get a little unsettling as I had it in my head that she’d kept away from the pair of us because she was planning something, but I was probably being paranoid.

“I should probably think about going soon,” I moaned, shifting into a sitting position. Harry’s attention turned to me and he planted a wet kiss on my forehead, causing a blush to creep up onto my cheeks.

“Alright, Molly.” Harry smiled, handing me one of his white shirts that had been lying on the floor before I even got here. I took it from him and pulled my arms into it, doing up a few of the buttons before I pushed myself up from the springy bed in order to retrieve my own clothes from wherever I’d left them.

“Mind if I use your shower?”

“No, go ahead.”

I smiled a devilish smile before launching myself onto Harry’s bed once more. He shouted a trail of curse words before landing flat on his face on the floor. I did nothing but double over with laughter as I watched him peel his face from the carpet and raise a thick eyebrow at me.

“Right, you’re in for it now,” he joked, lifting himself from the floor with a smirk as he began running towards me in a rush. I squealed, dropping my clothes in a messy pile as I ran quickly out of the bedroom, laughing and screaming as Harry followed me down the landing and into the bathroom.