Part 22; airport antics

I dragged my suitcase out from the car and waved my parents off one last time. Looking into the back of the car, I locked eyes with my older sister Erin and smirked, knowing that she wanted nothing more than to jet off to America, as it had always been her dream. Even though we were glaring at each other intently for at least five seconds, I knew that she didn’t really have any hard feelings and that we would genuinely miss each other.

“Bye, guys!” I called. My arm that wasn’t secured to the handle of my suitcase via my hand was waving frantically in the air at my family as they drove off.

I felt a pang of loss snap in my stomach as I turned back to Harry, who had been driving behind my car for the entire car ride. We’d now arrived at Gatwick airport and had at least two hours to wait before our plane arrived, giving us just enough time to check in and get through customs.

“You okay?” Harry asked. His eyes were soft and caring and I found myself staring into them as I sadly visualised my family driving home without me.

“Yeah, I’ll be alright in a couple of minutes.” I concluded.

Harry brought his hand up to my back and rubbed it kindly, giving me a couple of minutes to compose myself before we went to look for the others. Sucking in a sharp breath and then exhaling, I smiled weakly and nodded at no one in particular.

Placing my hand back on the handle of my humungous suitcase, Harry and I began to stroll through the busy airport, dodging people that were annoying enough to constantly get in our way. It was weird being here without my parents, as I hadn’t actually been on holiday without them; the first and last time I’d left the country was when we went on a family vacation to Spain about two years ago before I’d started my A-Levels. Other than that trip, I’d never been on a plane until I reached 16, which was pretty sad as my friends were always jetting off to places such as Florida or the Dominican Republic; I’d always been really jealous of the fact that the majority of them were very well travelled.

Harry and the boys had literally been everywhere in the last year, which was why I was so thankful for being able to join them on the journey of a lifetime. The plan was that we would be travelling all over America, and would only stay up to a week in one place before we set off again. I anticipated the whole experience being very tiring, but extremely worthwhile.

“I think I see Louis and Liam,” Harry declared as he rose his hand to signal to the boys that we had arrived. Liam was the first to catch our eyes, and as he did, he shook Louis to let him know that we were here. I couldn’t help but laugh as I watched Louis’ eyes search the huge crowds before his grey orbs settled on us. He and Liam were beaming as we crossed the huge lobby and finally reached them. Before I knew it, body guards and security teams were surrounding us as they knew it wouldn’t be long before fans began turning up. A few groups of girls were already beginning to form, but they were not seen as a threat at all as they hadn’t gotten close enough to cause any trouble.

Once Harry and I reached Louis and Liam, we stood beside them and began searching around in our bags for our passports. Luckily no one had managed to lose theirs yet and so we stood holding them tightly in our hands as we moved slowly towards the middle of the queue; we were nowhere near the front desks yet and so it looked as though we would be stood here for a while before we checked in.

“Where are the others?” I asked no one in particular as I turned to face the three boys. My eyes shifted from one boy to another as I didn’t know which one of them knew the answer to my question.

“I think Zayn got here earlier so he’s probably already checked in, and as for Niall, I have no idea where is is.” Liam stated. His eyes looked as though they were not on me as he spoke, but they were more interested in the crowds behind me. Turning around swiftly on my heel, my jaw dropped as I attempted to comprehend exactly how many girls had turned up in the space of only five minutes- they truly were remarkable.