Fearless? - Chapter Four

'Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity,'

- Henry Van Dyke

Chapter Four

"You!" a voice suddenly said as a tray slammed down opposite to where Azelie was sat, pulling her out of her dream world that she'd been stuck in. She jumped in her seat before looking up to see Kelly smiling brightly down at her, her blue eyes full of happiness. 

"Me..." Azelie answered, unsure of what else to say in reply as Kelly sat down where she had placed her tray. It had been a long week for Azelie. She had been overloaded on homework from all her teachers and had hardly slept all week. The lack of rest was just beginning to show on her features with her skin growing paler and her eyes turning a dull brown colour, the golden flakes in her irises disappearing slightly.

"Are you coming to the party tonight?" Kelly questioned, grabbing the fork that lay on her tray as she begain to dig into her lunch, trying to eat it as quickly as possible so she wouldn't have to taste the awful food. 

"What party?" Azelie replied, confusion taking over. All week, Kelly had been hanging around with her, sitting with her at lunch and talking to her during her lessons. Azelie didn't mind having a friend to talk to at school, in fact she rather liked Kelly's crazy attitude to everything in life, but she had often wondered why Kelly was choosing to hang around with someone her. Surely Kelly would have some other friends that she could talk to, friends who were far more interesting that Azelie. 

"There's a guy in our year - Duke whats-his-face - he holds a party like every Friday night, do you want to go? Alex usually goes but Cole usually takes some persuading until he agrees to go - he's such a boring poop head sometimes!" Kelly rattled on, almost forgetting to breath as she talked on and on to Azelie.

"Poop-head?" Azelie chucked, raising an eyebrow at Kelly's description of Cole. 

"Lack of better name," Kelly replied, rolling her eyes at Azelie, remembering what her original question had been "Anyhoo, are you coming - or are you going to be completely boring?"

"I'm gonna have to go with the latter on this," Azelie answered as she took a bite out of her sandwich, thinking about the painting she had started earlier in the week and remembering how she had planned to complete it later on. 

"You boring poop-head! Don't leave me with Alex and Cole! I need a girl with me to survive those pair! Talk about dumb and bloody dumber!" Kelly whined at Azelie's answer, not wanting to give up without a fight.

"Sorry, stuff to do; people to see," Azelie replied, shrugging off Kelly's complaining. 

"Seriously? You don't even know what it's like to hang around two guys without any other female to talk to about! All they talk about is hookers, and prostitutes, and which car is better than which! As much as I love those two; they're pretty damn annoying! Your lucky they have been busy at lunch times with football practice or you would know what I'm on about!" Kelly babbled on. Azelie had often wondered through out the week how one girl could just babble on for an eternity like Kelly could, seriously, there had been moments where Azelie had been scared that she was going to collapse from talking for too long and not getting enough oxygen. Azelie was sure that if it came to it; Kelly could have a full blown conversation with herself.

"I guess you will just have to find a way to survive without me!" Azelie smiled up at Kelly as she finished off her sandwich. Kelly let out a short laugh, answering Azelie with a smile.