Fearless? - Chapter Thirty-One

‘It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live,’

- Marcus Aurelius

Chapter Thirty-One

“Azelie!” a voice called over at Azelie as she walked down the corridor. She turned around, to see Cole sprinting towards her, a smile stretched on his lips. She instantly stopped in the corridor, making sure she wasn’t in the way of anybody else who walking in the corridor.

“Hey,” she smiled as Cole caught up with her. He returned the smile, his green eyes lighting up slightly as they began to walk down the corridor together.

“Hey! Are you heading to the canteen?” He questioned, looking down at her, his green eyes full of curiosity.

“No, I’m totally not going to the canteen like I do every other lunchtime,” she replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes slightly as she looked back up at him before looking back to the corridor to make sure she didn’t walk into anybody. He let out a fake laugh while shaking his head.

“Very funny Azelie!” He said, “Sarcasm - the lowest form of wit,”
“I prefer to think of it as defense against the stupid actually,” she smiled as they continued to walk down the corridors. 

It had been a few weeks since the Ted incident, and everything was beginning to return to normal, well as normal as everything could be. Ted had returned to work, with Liam helping him out a lot around the gallery which really helped Ted out a lot. He had a few art exhibition coming up so Liam being there to help organize everything really helped him out and kept him away from too much stress. Azelie had been spending more and more time with Cole and his family. His father still continued with the no grandchildren jokes, but Azelie just laughed at them now, and Lily was as cute as ever. Azelie had always wondered what Haley had been like if she had survived the cancer that had kill her, and Lily was the answer to that. She was finding it hard not to love her as if she was her younger sister. 

“So how much you betting that Alex and Kelly are already in the canteen making out?” Cole smirked, pulling Azelie back down to earth. 

“I don’t know, they are finally starting to cut down on it,” She replied. Ever since Kelly and Alex had started dating, all they would do was make out. Azelie wasn’t even sure if they talked anymore or if they just had some psychic network built up so they could talk while kissing. 

“I bet $10 that when we go in, they are making out,” He smiled, his confidence oozing out in his tone. Azelie just shook her head slightly. Kelly and Alex making out had become a sort of game for Azelie and Cole. This was their sixth bet on whether or not they were kissing. 

“Alright, you’re on!” She agreed, sticking out her hand so they could shake hands and agree on the bet. He instantly grabbed her and quickly shook it before letting it go as they entered the canteen. 

Azelie scanned her eyes around the large hall, trying to spot Kelly and Alex. She quickly managed to spot Kelly’s pink hair standing out from the crowd. She nudged Cole whom was also looking for them and pointed over at Kelly to show him where they were. They quickly made their way over to the table where, surprise surprise, Kelly and Alex were making out.

“Seriously guys, could you just let me win the damn bet just once?” Azelie questioned as she dumped her bag at the table, watching Kelly and Alex as they stopped kissing and looked up at their two friends.