Fearless? - Chapter Thirty Four

‘Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity,’

 - Henry Van Dyke

Chapter Thirty-Four

Kelly, Alex and Cole continued to act suspicious all week. Especially when Azelie wasn’t around. She would catch them before classes or at lunch before she arrived talking, just the three of them. Kelly always had a giant grin on her face as they talked, and she looked like she was always trying to get the guys to do something, but Azelie never managed to hear what it was exactly what she was saying. Alex would sit there, looking like he was the one that was trying to find a serious solution to the issue the three of the were trying to sort out. Then there would be Cole. He would sit there, a worried expression on his face as his friends talked to him.

No matter how much she tried, Azelie could never get any of them to tell her what they were discussing, even Kelly who couldn’t keep a secret to save her life managed to keep her lips buttoned. Azelie had questioned Kelly all they way through their History, causing Kelly to actually do work in their History for the first time ever in a bid to escape Azelie’s questions. And with two days left before the October holidays, the chances of Azelie finding out was growing increasingly slim. 

As she walked to her Chemistry class, she tried to think if what she could say to Cole to get him to tell her what the three of them had been talking about. She had nothing she could threaten him with, no secrets she could threaten to expose, although even if she did it was unlikely that she would really use them against him. He had far more on her that she did on him anyway. 

She walked into the Chemistry class, spotting Cole sitting at their desk at the bottom of the class as per usual, his usual smirk formed on his lips as he saw her walking in.

“Ready for another day of wonderful experiments?” Cole questioned as Azelie walked over. Recently in their class they had been doing experiments for the project that was nearing completion.  However, since Cole and Azelie both disagreed with each other’s way of doing the experiments, they found themselves arguing every step of the way.

“Only if you miraculously decide that I’m right and you’re wrong!” Azelie answered as she dumped her bag under their desk and sat down on her usual chair, waiting for instructions from the teacher.

“Hmm... I think that will happen when pigs fly,” He smirked, looking over at her, his green eyes shining brightly.

“So a high chance then?” Azelie replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes at him. Why did he always have to make everything so difficult; even on the simple things he would fight her every step of the way. Cole just laughed at her, before looking back to the front of the class, waiting for the teacher to start instructing them for the lesson.

“Are you going to tell me what you’re all keeping from me?” Azelie questioned, turning to look at Cole. Almost immediately after she said it, he turned his head to look at her, confusion forming on his features.

“What?”, He replied,“We aren’t keeping anything from you Azelie,” Cole added, confused to what she was talking about. Azelie lifted her eyebrow at him, as she looked at him.

“Yes, you are - you, Kelly, and Alex! You all know something and won’t tell me what it is!” She replied, straining her voice slightly. Azelie was determined not to give up this time. She wanted to know.