Fearless? - Chapter Twenty-Two

*PLEASE READ THE BIT AT THE BOTTOM*

‘There is not a truth existing which I fear... or would wish unknown to the whole world,’

- Thomas Jefferson

Chapter Twenty-Two

Cole found it extremely hard to stay driving straight as Azelie who was sat next to him, sang out loud to AC/DC’s ‘Back in Black’ in a squeaky high pitched voice as the song boomed out of his speakers. It was the Sunday before they were due to leave for San Francisco and he had decided that they should fit in one more fear-proving activity before they left.

Today’s subject: Needles. 

‘Yes, I'm back in black,’ Azelie sang while pretending to play the guitar with her hands, not really caring if she looked like a total idiot. She found the notion that people could listen to AC/DC without playing the air guitar totally unbelievable and was convinced that people who didn’t do it in public, redeemed themselves by doing it in private with their cat’s watching their every move.

“Did you seriously just do that?” Cole questioned as the music began to fade out, still partly speechless from what he had just witnessed.

“Yes, I really did just do that!” Azelie smirked slightly, turning to face Cole as the next track came on, turning the music down slightly so that it wasn’t deafening them any longer.

“You really have been spending too much time with Kelly!” He commented, his green eyes filling with laughter as he shook his head slightly.

“You always say that, but you’ve spent most of your life-”

“-being tortured by her? Why yes I have, and it’s quite scarring to be honest!” Cole added quickly interrupted, earning himself a glare of disapproval from Azelie.

“You’ve spend most of your life being friends with her and it hasn’t effected you in the slightest!” She finished, opting to just ignore what he had said. 

“That’s what you think!” Cole replied with a laugh. “I’m mentally scarred for life after spending time with Kelly! For ten years, I’ve been terrorized by that girl and her forever changing hair colour! At one point, I needed a therapist and everything to help subside the emotional trauma inflicted on my poor mind!” He babbled on, a huge smile playing on his lips. Azelie just rolled her eyes at Cole, wondering how somebody could be so silly at times.

“Alex seems to put up with it - and he seems... alright,” She replied, trying to find the right adjective to describe the rather odd boy she’d come to know

“Ah, but Alex is in love with her! He’s blinded by the power of love! And, let’s be fair, we are all pretty surethat when brains were being handed, Alex thought they said ‘trains’ and didn't want to take a trip,” Cole replied, pointing out the obvious. Azelie laughed in reply. As much as she liked Alex, there was nothing she could say that would prove Cole wrong.

“Power of love? What are you, some kind of cheesy 90’s song?”

“It’s an 80’s song actually!” Cole corrected, a smirk forming on his lips as he turned to look at Azelie for a moment. Cole quickly realised that the turning he was supposed to be making was coming up and a few seconds later he was pulled up outside the building, parking the car and turning the engine off.