Chapter 9 - "You birdhead ever thought of staying alive?"

Louis' POV

"Harry?"

He was gone.

Well, I mean, not gone gone, but like, under the water, not-a-single-part-of-his-body-above-the-surface-gone. You know? Whatever, he was drowning and he didn't even bother to keep up a fight anymore. Bubbles popped at the pool's water's surface, a sign that Harry was breathing out and losing oxygen quickly. It was crazy, Harry was pretty tall but our pool was abnormally deep. I didn't even know why and right now I hated it. Harry's figure was a dark blur in the blue illuminated swimming pool, he looked so small and fragile, unmoving and helpless. Why didn't he just fucking move or at least attempt to swim to the surface anymore? I had always known that Harry wasn't the brightest, but he was about to fucking die, he should move, do something, anything! Shit, he couldn't die, not on me.

"Please, Harry, fuck!" A boost of energy shot through my body and I ran back to the pool and dove right in. For a split second, I thought about taking off my clothes first to prevent them from water damage, like the awfully smart guys always do in those stupid movies, merely casually risking the life of a fellow citizen in the act. Of course, I had some common sense and didn't rip off my clothes, but I did soon regret it, considering swimming in super skinny jeans was quite the challenge, since they squeezed certain areas and didn't allow me to froggy swim, although kicking wasn't an option either because it was simply not convenient enough. Thoughts were occupying and clouding my mind, possible scenarios played out in my head what would happen if I didn't reach Harry in time. Heck, I didn't even like him, but that didn't mean I wanted him to actually die!

I was underwater and opened my eyes, searching frantically for the unmoving and steadily sinking boy until I saw him. His eyes were closed and tiny bubbles of air escaped his nose and mouth. He was pale and resembled a corpse in the most scaring way, I was worried it would be too late already. Somehow, he looked so peaceful at the same time, like he was sleeping or something. But, shit, he was drowning.

With a few quick strokes I reached him and extended my arm out and around his waist while the other pushed the water down so I could get back to the safe edge of the pool where I could hoist him up and reanimate. My feet kicked as strong as they could but there wasn't much strength left, adding to the burning feeling in my lungs due to the lack of oxygen. It was hard, Harry was so heavy and big, I hadn't thought this through properly. Why did I decide to save him again? Oh yeah, right, because I'm stupid and wanted to drown in this pool together with him.

It seemed like forever but eventually I reached the surface and as soon as I did, I drew in as much air as possible, filling up my lungs in hope of ease. Everythig hurt but I wasn't the priority right now, it was the lifeless body in my arms, it was Harry. I held on to his arm but got out of the pool first. I hoped that it would be easier this way to get him out of the water instead of lifting him up out of the water where I couldn't even stand or hold on to anything. I was kneeling down on the edge of the pool and grabbed both of Harry's arms, dragging him out of there. I felt so weak and Harry was far from light, not in a bad way, but he had a lot of muscles and a great height. Grabbing one of his legs, I accomplished to pull him out of the pool and lie him down on the wet floor where he finally was safe.

He was safe.

I searched his face for any signs of life, only to realize that he in fact wasn't breathing.

"Harry, please, please, wake up, yeah? Do me this favor." I was ridiculous, he wasn't sleeping. Unfortunatly, I was clueless as of how to reanitmate a person and from all I knew, I was not planning on performing any mouth-to-mouth resusciation. He was a guy, I was a guy, that just wasn't happening. Also, I didn't even know how to do it correctly. So I tried to remember every movie in that anything close to this situation happened, but I knew I couldn't lose any time, Harry was dying. Tugging on my hair, I groaned loudly.