Chapter 22 - "You do you and I'll be me."

Louis' POV

Zayn left and Louis retreated to his room until the maids had done their jobs and tidied up the entire mansion. It took ages and during that time Louis had heard the doorbell ring twice, accompanied by the front door being opened and shut twice. He had guessed first Harry had returned from Niall's party and then Anne and his father from the fancy hotel they had stayed at - and he didn't even want to begin to think of what they had done during the ni- no, no okay.

Thankfully, his father didn't make a comment about the mess that the party had caused downstairs. Actually he never even made his return noticed which was fine by Louis. Anne did poke her head in his room for a second to greet him and Louis found it nice. The mumbled 'hey' he uttered in response made her smile.

When Louis estimated the mess in the first story to be removed he went to the kitchen to get himself a glass of water. He leaned against the kitchen door frame and thought about last night. He had had a great time and although he hadn't hooked up with anyone like yesterday, he had enjoyed himself more than he liked to admit. Zayn had introduced him to some new people and he had socialised again. Whoo.

The doorbell rang and Louis jumped in surprise, drenching himself in water while cursing violently.

"Bollocks!"

He never bothered to get the door and waited patiently for the maids to get it for him. Once it was opened the person who was behind it could be identified immediatly by their screeching voice. Harry's ex girlfriend, Louis recalled.

"Hi, this is Lacey! I'm a great friend of Harry's and I might have something that belongs to him, so would you kindly step out of the way, that I can get to him, yeah?" With every word her voice dropped from a previous cheery tone to an arrogant demanding one. Louis cocked an eyebrow and frowned.

"Good afternoon, Miss Lacey. Of course, Master Styles will get to you as soon as possible. I'll inform him first," the maid replied politely and Louis set his glass down on the kitchen counter to get to the door.

"I'm waiting," Lacey responded firmly.

"Of course. Of course, Miss," the maid spoke hushedly and then Louis reached them.

"No need," he smiled, "I'll take care of this. You can take a break or something, you've earned it." The maid bowed and her smile was so genuine that it made Louis' broaden. She excused herself.

"Well, well, well," Louis mused, "look at who's had the courage to come by. I'm honestly saying I wouldn't have had it. You're kind of a bitch."

"The lovely Tommo, I see. I'm here to drop something off, I need Harry, not you. He left his sweater over at my house last night," she emphasized and laughed loudly, "He's so silly, you know."

Louis was worried for her health when she started to cackle and ended up choking. Okay. He didn't really bother with her apparent health issues and wondered who she thought she was bursting in his house like that and practically claiming that Harry had spend the night at hers even though Louis knew, he just knew, he had been at Niall's party in Niall's house. Harry had informed him days before.

Also, she was not welcomed here and who knew how much truth the story about her being one of Harry's past girlfriends held, Louis thought. Like, even he could claim to be his ex girlfriend, or in this case, ex boyfriend. Harry himself hadn't seemed sure about the whole incident.

Perhaps Harry and Lacey were an item, again, it hit him. Harry hadn't mentioned her but things had changed at the party? Louis didn't like the idea, absolutely not. He had always imagined Harry to have better taste in women although he, himself, had tried to get with her at some point. But still.