Chapter 19 - "Maybe we should get some swimmies first."

Louis' POV

Silence settled between us for a while as I pondered about what to do for the day. What would Harry prefer? Fidgeting with his hands he stood infront of me and observed the room. I must say this was pretty awkward, really. He had just admitted so many confidential feelings and thoughts to me that he for sure hadn't even admitted to himself yet and now we were just standing meters apart in my room, searching for some activity. Maybe we could go outside and enjoy the sun a bit? It was definitely to our advantage. Then an idea hit me.

"Grab your swimming trunks, my dearest friend!" I exclaimed happily in an attempt to sound as casual as possible, glad that I found something rather effective to do and watched as Harry finally dropped his gaze on me.

"Uhm, why exactly?" Harry wanted to know cautiously. To be honest, he looked a little frightened.

"We're going swimming, duh? We've got a pool right here and it's about time you master the fine art of gliding through the water without drowning each time. Don't you think?" I explained gleefully. The thought had crossed my mind a couple of times these last few days actually, Harry needed to finally learn how to swim and I would be the one to teach him, I had decided. This would hopefully bring us a little closer and help the tension to simmer down.

"I-uh... don't have any swimming trunks, yeah. They've disappeared." Harry attempted to excuse himself from swimming lamely. The hesistation was clear in his worried features and he ran a hand through his curls nervously.

"Really? Well fortunately, I possess various different ones. Isn't that a wonderful coincidence? You know what they say, sharing is caring and I don't mind to share." My smile was genuine and my words equally as much. I didn't even give Harry any time to object but went over to my closet instead. With a groan I opened up my bottom drawer which contained all of my swimming trunks - and I owned quite a few - and began to pick out two suitable ones for me and Harry who was whining in the background.

"Do we have to?" He moaned unmotivated.

"Yes, indeed. We do," I clarified and turned towards him again. "Or are you scared perhaps?"

"No, no, no," he defended himself quickly, "It's just... the chlorine. I've never been a fan of chlorine." His face twisted in fake disgust.

"You never mentioned that before. And didn't ever seem to mind before either."

"That's because I never told you and it's also kind of a new thing for me. I only discovered it recently." His explanation lacked, well, an explanation?

"Styles, I know you better than that. Are you still shaken up from when I pushed you into the pool and you almost drowned because I am sorry, okay? I really mean it and I won't do it again. I want to help you in case someone ever gets the groovy idea to do that in the future and you'll hopefully be able to swim then and not die," I said seriously. The tension left his face gradually but he still looked a tad bit scared and concerned. "Nothing will happen," I assured him.

"I don't- I'm not scared. Let's just go, okay?" Harry insisted and took the trunks that I held out to him with force.

"If you say so," I mumbled and watched as he left my room with vigorous strides in order to change into the swimming trunks in my absence.

I welcomed the privacy as I distended my clothes and put on the blue material of my swimming trunks. The one I had choosen for Harry had a nice neon colour that might or might not bring out the tanned skin of his legs and body, also, it was so short that it barely reached his thighs. Before I left the safety of my room and exposed myself to Harry, I grabbed a towel and looked briefly at my reflection in the mirror. What was intended as a short glance turned into an intense scanning quickly. My eyes skimmed my body and finally rested on my stomach.