Chapter 6

(Riley's POV)

I've become too attached to Orion. I've been away from him for such a short amount of time but I still long for him. It's not good to get this close to someone. It hurts too much when you lose them. I'm usually so good about this, too. I don't know why I always let my guard down when he's around. There's just something about him. I don't like it. It makes me feel so weak and I can't think straight. It scares me.

So I left. But that was also because of my parents. God, they just make me so angry! I'm still their son. Just because they don't have a daughter anymore doesn't mean they have to act like they don't have a son either. I wish it was me who died instead of her. But I'm already too far into life and Orion would never be the same if I left him like that.

I was snapped from my thoughts by a body colliding into mine. I tripped over my own two feet a bit. The guy almost fell down. He looked close-ish to my age.

"Watch where you're going asshole." I said. I guess I pissed the guy off because next thing I knew his fist connected with my jaw. I stepped back but quickly retaliated by hitting him back. He tackled me and started hitting me. I couldn't even get a hit in, he just kept going. He must have been having a bad day.

I tried to push him away but he ended up biting my hand. I could feel blood trickling down my face and black spots came in my vision again. He kept hitting but I had stopped struggling. My eyes were wide open but I wasn't even flinching anymore. I was concious but it felt like I wasn't. The guy looked in my eyes and stopped hitting me. He got up and I felt him drag me back into an alley. He left leaving me bloody and alone. I felt my eyelids finally give out after being open for so long and I fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up I wasn't in the alley. I was in a bed. I knew it wasn't the hospital though because this room was too homey. I didn't recognize the room at all though. I sat up and my head started to ache. I groaned and got up. I walked out of the room and down the hall. I ended up in a kitchen. There was a man sitting at the counter. He didn't hear me come in.

"H-hello?" I croaked out, my voice wasn't ready to speak. The man turned around. He looked no older than 25. He had black hair and hazel eyes.

"Hi! How're you feeling?" He asked.

"Okay.." I said, a little weirded out. "Who are you?"

"I'm Blake McConnel. I know you don't know who I am, I don't even know who you are, but I saw you on the street and knew I had to help you. Who knows what kind of creep could have picked you up. You we're unconscious and just look at how adorable you are! Perfect pervert bait!"

"Oh." Was all I said because I was trying to process everything he said.

"I can drive you home if you want." Blake said. I shook my head. I had no place to go. For a split second I thought about him taking me to Orion's place but then I remembered he was one of the main reasons I ran away in the first place.

"I don't have anywhere to st-tay." A lump formed in my throat at the end of the sentence. God, I missed Orion.

"That's okay! You can stay here! I've always wanted a little companion." Blake said, a little too excited. He seemed to be a very lively person.

"Thank you." I said.

"How old are you anyway?" Blake asked, standing up.

"15." I said.

"You're so young. Where are your parents? Aren't they worried?"

"No." I ignored his first question.

"What about school?"

"Don't worry about that."

"Oh. Okay. Well I guess I should show you around." Blake said. "Follow me!"

He grabbed my wrist and led me down the hall. He showed me everything. His bedroom, my bedroom, the bathroom, the kitchen, even the crawl space. I knew the house inside and out by the end of tour. It was actually a really nice place but the color scheme was crazy. Everything was a different, mismatching color. I honestly think he might be colorblind. We ended back in the kitchen and Blake finally let go of my wrist.

"So, do you know where everythng is now?" He asked.

"I think I do." I said quietly. He smiled and, surprisingly, gave me a hug. I stood there stunned for a minute before realizing I should probably hug back. I wrapped my arms around him. When he pulled away I asked, "What was that for?"

"You just looked like you needed one."